Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, daft said:

No need for apologies, fully understand where you're coming from. Just wanted to clarify my point.

I agree with the point and covered the same thing in the original post. Just sorry if you felt I was attacking you or misunderstood. Not the case, I’m just pissed off with our manager and how he is wasting our time and resources.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I wouldn’t blame the owners. The only fault would lie with CP here but it’s not easy to get every decision right.

Everything that is being done off the pitch is positive so I would not like to waste time in criticising these guys… our owners have been amazing.

The only real fault lies with SG. I could see the allure from CP’s perspective, he got swayed by his reputation and his own “fanboyism” but winning the SPL and signing a shit ton of players was never any indication that he could be a success here.

CP needs to learn his lessons and shouldn’t have too much influence on the football or “on the pitch” side. Stick to business and what he’s good at.

Yeah, but some serious questions needs to be asked of the owners. How did they trust Purslow to such a degree that they got rid of a proven manager that had done well with us to install this dude without a clue that's managed to lose the fans in less than a year in charge. 

I get that they are rich and we want their money, but what the actual ****? That is some serious missmanagement, not just a small blipp. Just look at the consensus on SG's competence in here and other places. That is way above a slight mistake. That's missmanagement. 

It has med SERIOUSLY worried as to how we will ever be able to kick-on. 

Edited by daft

There is only one statistic that is important......did we score more goals than the opposition?

Percentage possession is rubbish esp if you continually pass it sideways then finish with a pointless cross into the box.

Bournemouth conceded possession cos they knew we could not hurt them

Every other manager knows how to negate any "threat" that we have...its called "adaptive tactics"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Smith never got to put his best side out for more than an hour or so. Gerrard has had everyone available both last season and against Bournemouth. 

Maybe Critchley and Gerrard can get a tune out of this squad but they've done themselves no favours with the Bournemouth display. If we'd have lost 3 nil but created chances and looked good people wouldn't be shitting the bed quite so dramatically as they are because at least you could see there was a team in there that could play decent football.

He was very harshly treated and there was a lack of understanding and compassion… but that’s all in the past. Nothing can be down about it. Too much went against him, too much disruption in a short space of time. I have always been pissed off at the appointments of Danks and McPhee and cannot see a single positive thing that they have brought to our club.

Now SG has added to that with his own backroom team. WTF are we paying all these guys for? And which team needs such an unnecessarily bloated staff?

We have nothing to show for it. Our only identity these days seems to be that we waste time and money 🤦‍♂️

It’s crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve got an attacking coach and can’t create chances, a set piece coach and can’t defend set pieces. Our set piece numbers also haven’t improved anything of note since McPhee came in apart from a few fancy routines. It’s a bloated staff and something needs done 

They’ve all made us worse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve got an attacking coach and can’t create chances, a set piece coach and can’t defend set pieces. Our set piece numbers also haven’t improved anything of note since McPhee came in apart from a few fancy routines. It’s a bloated staff and something needs done 

Defensively, at least, we’ve become a lot worse from set pieces.

Thanks a lot McPhee, you Nordic looking pr*ck.

FFS those ugly, awful long throws. At least we’ve cut that crap out.

Danks is a non entity, stealing a living.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, romavillan said:

especially seeing as Bournemouth let us have the ball where we couldn't be a threat. I'd say 99% of our possesion was the ball at Kamara's or the defenders feet or down the sides seeing as they'd worked out we could have hit a metric f**kton of crosses in and we'd never be a threat. 

The wonders of having a manager with a clear idea of how they want to play against the particular opposition and players understanding basic playing patterns like channeling everything down the flanks and easily defending the countless useless crosses. 

Parker wiped the floor with Gerrard and won them 3 points, probably their easiest game of the season as well. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If Villa finally appoint a real manager I’d expect all of them to be shown the door. Gerrard keeping a number of them was strange and a worrying sign.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well, he must’ve earned their trust with his first appointment which was perfect tbh.

Up the Deano. Always grateful.

I was about to say, for all the bashing Purslow is getting for " hiring his mate " from people who love Deano, it's as if they also forget who actually got Deano in 🤦🏿‍♂️

Usually after a few days things calm down, but it actually seems some people are just getting angrier 🤣

It's like when the bird has cheated on you and you can't replaying it in your head. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Have a feeling he may struggle due to the loss of Michael Beale who was in charge of most of the coaching, tactics, game management etc with him at Rangers.

We have build a decent squad althoug possibly a little unbalanced in midfield.

But our opening fixture list is kind. If he doesn't go through that unscathed he may not last very long as we saw last season he doesn't do well against top half opponents.

Need a reaction against Everton.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I know this is a forum for views and opinions, but honestly!

Can we not at least give Gerrard and this side more than one game this new season before we cast judgement?

But this is not an isolated incident yjis poor form is nearly 25 games now. A proper club would have actually sacked him at the end of last season and if it wasnt the CEOs mate but somebody like Sean Dyche or Marco Silva in charge they would have been sacked

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Can we not at least give Gerrard and this side more than one game this new season before we cast judgement?

I am very happy to be swayed if things turn around :) 

But what we saw against the Cherries is very similar to what we saw all pre season which is a massive warning sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It’s not one game. 9 months, 6 wins in 23. Nothing is improving.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We’re 10 months in here with no identity, of course he gets more games but I’m not full of hope. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was about to say, for all the bashing Purslow is getting for " hiring his mate " from people who love Deano, it's as if they also forget who actually got Deano in 🤦🏿‍♂️

Usually after a few days things calm down, but it actually seems some people are just getting angrier 🤣

It's like when the bird has cheated on you and you can't replaying it in your head. Lol

Yeah, I've been saying he's done for. Won't win the fans back. 

Me, I can't be arsed despite what I say. I know we'll appoint anothee mediocre British dude who think tactics is a bit posh and probably a bit gay. 😬

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The worrying sign last year was that we beat poorer teams because we had better platers. On Saturday we probably lost to worst team in the league with the poorest performance we've seen to date. We have always struggled against better teams with Gerrard. Everton are not a good team, but they gave Chelsea a run the weekend. Firstly, we need a performance, then we need a result. I need to see an improvement sooner rather than later.

It's all starting feel a little Steve Bruce ish.

21 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I'm sure he was in charge last season as well.

All I heard last season was crap about he just needs a preseason e.t.c to get going and can't be judged till then.

Well said preseason later I seen nothing in the opening game to suggest we have improved or changed at all so my judgement is he's a clown, out of his depth and is running out of excuses fast.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Â