Weekends Football 1/3 October

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The lack of a focal point of the attack is a massive glaring weakness. Why has he got Jesus playing out wide?

Why not, it's Pep Guardiola. Biggest chip on shoulder in football management.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Why not, it's Pep Guardiola. Biggest chip on shoulder in football management.

Over thinking it cos he thinks he’s cleverer than every other manager for 150 years.

They might still win this, but they’d be so much better balanced if they had a striker front and centre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Over thinking it cos he thinks he’s cleverer than every other manager for 150 years.

They might still win this, but they’d be so much better balanced if they had a striker front and centre.

Agreed!

Undoubtedly they've got unbelievable players and they move the ball well, but I can't help feeling a truly great manager would have that team turning more teams over by 4 or 5 goals in this league. 

Not least because they'd play with a striker.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there a “Jack isn’t doing very well” filter on VT? 

It would be less annoying if it were true. 

Well it is true... opinions and all that right?

Seems to me youve come out supporting Jack after his Man city move unlike alot of others and now your just blindly fanboying him at every turn.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

If only they bought Keinan Davis off us.

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Seems to me youve come out supporting Jack after his Man city move unlike alot of others and now your just blindly fanboying him at every turn.

That's a proper 2 way street... 

Football black or white, in reality he's doing perfectly fine up there, still finding his feet in their system 

They win today and they'll go top having beaten 2 of the top 4 rivals away from home in the space of 2 weeks, having out played them both

But again football is black and white, pep is also shit... 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

All the data suggests he’s doing well since joining City. One of, if not the top rated player so far this season.

Its only here where he’s expecting to be prime Messi every week otherwise he’s flopped.

He has been quiet today though in fairness. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Looking like they just tire teams out. Liverpool look knickered after that first half. Goals will come second half I guess.

City playing the thong game and wearing out teams in the last ten minutes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

All the data suggests he’s doing well since joining City. One of, if not the top rated player so far this season.

Its only here where he’s expecting to be prime Messi every week otherwise he’s flopped.

The pitch side reporter for BeIn Sports, Matt Critchley, was saying before the game that Jack is coming under pressure from the local press and fans as his performances haven't warranted a start if Mahrez, Foden or Stirling, yet he's started each PL game.

This is the first Citeh game I've watched, so I can't really comment. Critchley is also a City fan FWIW.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Oh so Because whoscored or Fbref have him high rated because of his progressive carries must mean hes doing really well? how many goals and assists again? are we saying these sites are now an indication on someone playing well?  Dribble into the box and then do nothing = high rating/good player?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â