Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The tie was over before it started and that resulted in the crowd not needing to do anything. I can guarantee if this was first leg or it was still a contest the atmosphere would have been better.

What I did find odd was the chants for some old players in the second half 

Yeah,  that was weird. 

Overall,  you could tell  Hibs fans were great,  but in the Holte lower I couldn't hear them much, so it depends where you were - atmosphere was OK I thought  for what was a dead rubber 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some other people mentioned the holte sang old players song, honestly I don’t remember hearing any of the old songs T all, it must have been a small number! It could have been because I was next to the hibs fans who were class, they were just happy to be at villa park…but I definitely didn’t hear the holte today barring a couple of renditions of HEITS

On Villa TV some of the loudest chants from our lot were Aye-Aye Ashley Ashley Young and Shit on The Albion. Was a bit disappointing tbh.

Sunshine on Leith from the Hibs fans sounded great

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Yeah,  that was weird. 

Overall,  you could tell  Hibs fans were great,  but in the Holte lower I couldn't hear them much, so it depends where you were - atmosphere was OK I thought  for what was a dead rubber 

My thoughts exactly . Hibs fans were great at backing their team getting hammered but I don’t think that is the norm because this game was a bit of a novelty I suppose. Couldn’t hear them that much from the holte but I suppose if you were closer to them you’d appreciate their support more. Not the best I’ve seen at Villa park I thought but some are saying the best at our place in the 30-40 years they have been going.  Atmosphere was a 5/10 it’s been a lot  better but  a lot worse too . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

On Villa TV some of the loudest chants from our lot were Aye-Aye Ashley Ashley Young and Shit on The Albion. Was a bit disappointing tbh.

I think the singing of old players names was down to boredom and trying to keep ourselves entertained as it really did get a bit too easy again . 

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's weird because from the trinity I couldnt hear either of those, but I did hear John Carew and gabby's. 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

"There seems to be quite a  lot of people opposed to that kind of thing".

For me, this sums a lot of it up. I find that we are quite a contrary fan base. Whenever the club tries anything it sort of gets bashed until dropped. 

Like the Terrace View 😜😜

The Everton game was just one of those pleasant games in terms of everything that was going on off and on the pitch. By no means electric but it was ok .It was that much a stroll in the park against Everton it just leaked on to the fans too. Villa Park is very hard to predict in terms of how the fans are going to be. Either way last night was a much better atmosphere than the dog shit a few years ago where it was just moans and mainly silence with 10k empty seats a lot of the time with the club trying to stay up, dire football and cost cutting everywhere .

The best away fans I have seen at villa park was definitely Swansea, 2012 it must have been, there first year in prem…constant banging on the railings, singing, a real swashbuckling team with plenty of with, Nathan dyer and ex villan Wayne routledge, was in the lower holte aswell and could hear them loud and clear, it must have been deafening for those in the north stand!

seen a lot of people saying hibs fans were the best they have seen, I don’t think they were too far off tbh but it’s still Swansea who had the best away fans imo

I actually thought it was pretty good last night in the first half particularly (I was in Lower Holte L1) and you couldn't really hear the Hibs fans much at all from where I was standing, especially considering we were 5-0 up on aggregate from the first leg, should be brilliant when LegIa and AZ come to B6, looking forward to it!

In addition, I thought the encouragement from the PA system starting HEITS at kick off was a good touch and got it going from the off, hope that continues!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wedge said:

I actually thought it was pretty good last night in the first half particularly (I was in Lower Holte L1) and you couldn't really hear the Hibs fans much at all from where I was standing, especially considering we were 5-0 up on aggregate from the first leg, should be brilliant when LegIa and AZ come to B6, looking forward to it!

In addition, I thought the encouragement from the PA system starting HEITS at kick off was a good touch and got it going from the off, hope that continues!

You can hardly hear the away fans no matter how good they are in that area of the Holte (I sit in L2).

Wonder if the new North stand will improve the acoustics.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can see our group games , especially against AZ Alkmaar and Legia Warsaw being good. Their fans will be noisy as hell. 

Yeah we need to figure out how we're going to compete with that, can't we be allowed to bring in pyro just for these games? 😂

Just now, welshvillan said:

I thought it was quite fun in K4. Some fun singing older songs… but it did got a bit flat for large periods (kinda get it with it being 5 from the 1st leg)

First half was good I thought, gave me flash backs to a few years ago pre-covid, maybe it was the cheaper tickets?

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The best away fans I have seen at villa park was definitely Swansea, 2012 it must have been, there first year in prem…constant banging on the railings, singing, a real swashbuckling team with plenty of with, Nathan dyer and ex villan Wayne routledge, was in the lower holte aswell and could hear them loud and clear, it must have been deafening for those in the north stand!

seen a lot of people saying hibs fans were the best they have seen, I don’t think they were too far off tbh but it’s still Swansea who had the best away fans imo

Benteke debut

10 minutes ago, welshvillan said:

I thought it was quite fun in K4. Some fun singing older songs… but it did got a bit flat for large periods (kinda get it with it being 5 from the 1st leg)

I tried to get the Bells are Ringing going in the lower Holte and no one seemed to know it 

• Like 1

Â