Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

54 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

In that sense villa is quite establishement and is never going to have this partisan hatred, us and them mentality that clubs like Leeds have

Well the Leeds crowd are very quiet at the moment in the 77th minute and the second half for some reason 😁

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

It was great to see fans at both ends standing for most of the game. 

The entirety of the Lower North and Lower Holte and the majority of the Upper Holte have stood throughout the 90 minutes of matches at home for as long as I can remember, unless I am that alcohol-induced when at VP?!

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm going next week, needs to be old skool hard-core cheering the team on. The last thing we need is to to hear them topless beer belly gordies over us.

Needs to have a hint of hatred and as I said earlier in the thread - a game vs SHA air to the atmosphere. 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 19:22, avfc1982am said:

It's an absolutely ridiculous compo and very tight of the club. I think thats the first time I've ever seen anyone get near winning anything. 

Someone won pre covid, pretty sure it was a yr supply of protein powder 😂

• Haha 1

On 09/04/2023 at 22:39, mikeyp102 said:

Someone won pre covid, pretty sure it was a yr supply of protein powder 😂

No joke, that would be f***ing awesome. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

12.30 kos atmosphere is usually shite.hope thats not the case tomorrow

Why this is isnt 5.30 ko ill never know ffs

I hate 5.30 kick offs, much rather 12.30 if it isn’t 3pm

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why the journey home?

No, I generally just prefer it.  5.30pm is just a weird time for me.  Can’t go out straight from a game unless just for a few local beers at the pub.  If I’m going out, then getting home, shower and then back out is annoying and would be 9pm before I get out which means 9.30-10.00 before I get anywhere which I only used to do when I was clubbing in my younger years.  Now it’s starting the evening late and less desirable.  Bizarrely and this is just me, just feel like the morning is rushed getting things done although it’s not.  Whereas 12.30,  I get up go to the Villa and then I’m free from after 3pm to do whatever and then go out for the evening.  5.30pm just kills the evening for me because too early after the game to go to bed but quite late to go out especially if my friends or family that haven’t been to the Villa have already gone out and I’m going late.  Only on here have I found people who like 5.30, everybody I know hates 5.30 kick offs for similar reasons or have young families so it surprises me people like it.  Anyway people have their own reasons for any time.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I much prefer 5:30. You get a proper build up, a good day on the beer and a much better atmosphere.

Maybe because I get up early, I have plenty of time to get the full build up.  Before I get to the ground.

I don’t drink these days on Villa games, to be honest even in my roaring days of teenage years and twenties when I was smashing the beer, I never really had much to drink for Villa games.  Saved that for England games but Villa games I didn’t want to be drunk or semi drunk, I enjoy the game sober.  

The only time I was drunk was when I lived in Sydney and I was 9 or 11 hours ahead depending on daylight savings and I used to go and get drunk and party, then get home for 2am to watch the game on tv. 

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe because I get up early, I have plenty of time to get the full build up.  Before I get to the ground.

I don’t drink these days on Villa games, to be honest even in my roaring days of teenage years and twenties when I was smashing the beer, I never really had much to drink for Villa games.  Saved that for England games but Villa games I didn’t want to be drunk or semi drunk, I enjoy the game sober.  

The only time I was drunk was when I lived in Sydney and I was 9 or 11 hours ahead depending on daylight savings and I used to go and get drunk and party, then get home for 2am to watch the game on tv. 

Not sure how you watch the Villa sober!

• Haha 1

Â