Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

36 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

It’s a new tour, but looking at the date, is work on the new north stand going to start next summer with a concert scheduled right in the middle of the close season?

Concert stages are in front of the North Stand, so the staging would "hide" any redevelopment work in photos etc. Could just pause the building for a couple of days around the concert I guess - if more get announced then it'll be obvious it isnt happening.

How feasible is it to build the extension of the North behind the existing structure and then effectively knock the back wall out of the current stand and join them up?

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Concert stages are in front of the North Stand, so the staging would "hide" any redevelopment work in photos etc. Could just pause the building for a couple of days around the concert I guess - if more get announced then it'll be obvious it isnt happening.

How feasible is it to build the extension of the North behind the existing structure and then effectively knock the back wall out of the current stand and join them up?

Nothing is impossible if thebudget is big enough 

It's next to impossible - the goal post structure that supports the stand and the mound on which the North Stand sit make it incredibly difficult, there's a chunk of work to be done in levelling the ground before any construction can begin. 

For the concerts, the artists have taken the entirety of the North Stand as their backstage area (with the exception of a section of club offices) they've also take the entirety of the North Stand car park for their vehicles and staging and the Academy building for their crew catering, they've even taken the away coach car park - they will need all of the room at that end of the ground.

Revenue-wise, I'd love to see how much the concerts bring in, ticket sales alone for Pink would have been more than £4m, and then the catering on top made a fortune - I wouldn't be too surprised if the club are coming away with a seven figure sum each time - it's money that can make a difference.

I wonder if Bruce and Pink paid us more than our sleeve sponsor this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's next to impossible - the goal post structure that supports the stand and the mound on which the North Stand sit make it incredibly difficult, there's a chunk of work to be done in levelling the ground before any construction can begin. 

For the concerts, the artists have taken the entirety of the North Stand as their backstage area (with the exception of a section of club offices) they've also take the entirety of the North Stand car park for their vehicles and staging and the Academy building for their crew catering, they've even taken the away coach car park - they will need all of the room at that end of the ground.

Revenue-wise, I'd love to see how much the concerts bring in, ticket sales alone for Pink would have been more than £4m, and then the catering on top made a fortune - I wouldn't be too surprised if the club are coming away with a seven figure sum each time - it's money that can make a difference.

I wonder if Bruce and Pink paid us more than our sleeve sponsor this season.

My mate went to watch Bruce was on the pitch seats said impossible to get a beer I said not much different to match day then!  They will never get the beer serving right it seems.

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nothing is impossible if thebudget is big enough 

And my wife informs me that people will be paying at least £100 a ticket for the Foo Fighters so it’s well worth trying to get the concert on!

22 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't want to create another thread but this is disappointing by the club. Johnathan Fear from Vital Villa

"

I find myself in a very strange situation.  I've not posted about it, because it really is a 1st world problem, and during a cost of living crisis and the fact so many can't afford food or heating, this isn't a priority!

But it appears, after 32 seasons in a row, my support is no longer wanted or valued.  I know plenty in the normal stands who have had to stop going, or are now seeing this as a major strain to afford as the prices have gone up so much.  There is no reward, as I have always tried to champion to CEO's and owners, both face to face and in Fan Consultation Group meetings, for loyalty and long term season ticket holders.  I know some fans who would literally go to the opening of an envelope for Villa, go up and down the country, but are not at all valued.

I got moved from my seat of 29 odd years, my community, but more importantly, (it wasn't the greatest sitting on the front row, when it rained, you got soaked) it fit my disability.  I couldn't move one row back, my legs (especially now as they are worse as is the rest of me) need a bit of space, and where I sat, I could put them up (on the railing) when they went numb (you lose all feeling in them at times with this disease, it is very uncomfortable)

There isn't the disabled facilities at Villa Park (a disgrace for many, many years) but also, just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I want to be forced to sit with all the same, that isn't diversity!

So as many know, I moved to the 82 Restaurant, corporate.  It was expensive, even though I was given a bit of grace price wise, but it meant I could get there earlier, have to be driven mostly these days, parked close enough, have a sit down, which is now crucial (can't stand around in the concourses like I used to) etc and so on.

First season it was under £5k, next season was £5k and the trap for me is you can't buy just one ticket, you have to have two.  Anywhere else at Villa, you get an in with the cost, FOC, season ticket for a carer/assistant.  But in corporate, you have to buy two.  So even if I wanted to, I couldn't go alone.  It would feel a bit daft sitting up there on my own, but I could afford that, just.

I offered, having seen the new prices, £6500 for the season.  They said no, it was £8000 + VAT.  Even if it was worth that, I couldn't afford that, and corporate, since Alison Plant departed, has gone from award winning, to highly average.

So, seems, despite me trying, I am now an armchair fan.

I can't help but think, when the bubble bursts with modern £00tball, clubs might miss the long standing dyed in the wool, football barmy fans.  Because the football tourists will all be gone.

Never thought I would see the day where £6500 would be refused, or that they would make me feel like I had put out my begging bowl.  the last attempt, a communication listing what I have done for the club free of charge, over the years, was totally ignored.  That, to a customer (if that is how they want to view us) is so rude and out of order.

UTV"

Why is it disappointing from the club? He’s complaining his corporate ticket has gone up and the club won’t do him a deal ? Doesn’t matter who he is or what’s he done all customers should be treated equally regardless of status. He has chosen to sit in corporate not the disabled section and then cries diversity cause he cannot afford it. It’s his decision and it is neither rude nor out of order of the club. It’s sadly modern football economics fair and simple. I’m not saying that’s right but equally also it’s unavoidable if we want to look to compete. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

And my wife informs me that people will be paying at least £100 a ticket for the Foo Fighters so it’s well worth trying to get the concert on!

Mine were £85 after ridiculous transaction fees.

Bruce and Pink were £120 I think, although thankfully the wife didn't want to go the latter...

• Thanks 1

On 02/07/2023 at 12:35, StewieGriffin said:

I would expect very unfeasible. The current stand is quite tall but narrow so building around would be difficult, let alone the logistics of demolishing a lot of concrete.

Have heard nothing but negative feedback from the various people I know who have gone to gigs at the stadium this summer, largely for reasons that we would all recognise. If the club wants to maintain this as a revenue stream long term (and justify the vast price increases in match day tickets over the past few seasons), they really need to put some work into improving facilities and the general experience within the stadium 

47 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Have heard nothing but negative feedback from the various people I know who have gone to gigs at the stadium this summer, 

Food and drink service? or something else?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Food and drink service? or something else?

Largely food and drink service, but also generally being unorganised and a bit chaotic. All adding up to a feeling that the event was not worth anything like the money paid for it.

Villa Park as a concert venue will obviously competing with other large arenas in the area which are much more established for this type of event, so real effort will be needed from the club if they see this as a permanent means of generating income

EDIT: just to add to this, one person told me that the general experience of the Springsteen gig was absolutely lightyears behind that of gigs at the Ricoh

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Largely food and drink service, but also generally being unorganised and a bit chaotic. All adding up to a feeling that the event was not worth anything like the money paid for it.

Villa Park as a concert venue will obviously competing with other large arenas in the area which are much more established for this type of event, so real effort will be needed from the club if they see this as a permanent means of generating income

EDIT: just to add to this, one person told me that the general experience of the Springsteen gig was absolutely lightyears behind that of gigs at the Ricoh

Apart from the beer service my mate said Springsteen was the best concert he has ever been to so I think people put up with stuff as long as the performers do their bit!  A bit like Villa we win no one really cares they could not get a pie or pint at HT 😜 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Apart from the beer service my mate said Springsteen was the best concert he has ever been to so I think people put up with stuff as long as the performers do their bit!  A bit like Villa we win no one really cares they could not get a pie or pint at HT 😜 

I also imagine the development that goes on between now and the start of the season will see the offerings of all the stands upgraded to be more like the Holte's quick serve things.

Note the concerts are done work can get moving too upgrade those facilities.

There aren't many venues in the region that can host as many fans as villa Park, so it will continue to be an attractive offering to touring acts regardless of the beer service. But I'm sure they'll upgrade them after the trials in The Holte. 

43 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Speak for yourself 😉

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

My MIL went to the Springsteen gig and loved it.  Only issue she faced was the parking (which, granted, was a nightmare).

• 3 weeks later...

As if to make the point on BK8 particularly clear, try clicking on the BK8 logo on the official Villa website.

Guess what?

They don't have one.

Or at least they don't have one that you can access from the UK.

It's almost like their entire focus is on Chi,,,,,,Chi....Chi....erm.....legitimate far eastern gambling markets.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

As if to make the point on BK8 particularly clear, try clicking on the BK8 logo on the official Villa website.

Guess what?

They don't have one.

Or at least they don't have one that you can access from the UK.

It's almost like their entire focus is on Chi,,,,,,Chi....Chi....erm.....legitimate far eastern gambling markets.

I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that I can’t/won’t name, I’m not claiming to be ITK so you can take or leave the following info as you like just passing it on, a number of issues, including the North Stand redevelopment, the badge (no not again!), sponsors etc are currently under review. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that I can’t/won’t name, I’m not claiming to be ITK so you can take or leave the following info as you like just passing it on, a number of issues, including the North Stand redevelopment, the badge (no not again!), sponsors etc are currently under review. 

In what sense is the North Stand redevelopment under review? Haven’t Villa just done their review, resulting in the amended planning application?

18 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In what sense is the North Stand redevelopment under review? Haven’t Villa just done their review, resulting in the amended planning application?

As I said I’m not ITK just passing on what I heard 

Â