How many national teams capped a Villa player?

abdulaziz1

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Have they capped while playing for us?

Alpay mos def. Don't you remember him getting sent off for a spat with Beckham? should have wrung his **** neck.

8 hours ago, Lions&Dragons said:

Can't believe you named Taylor ahead of James Chester for Wales.

Also add James 'Ginge' Collins, Mark Delaney and Dean Saunders to the welsh list

Told you that I’d miss a lot of obvious choices. Chester for example didn’t came to my mind, neither Collins, while I thought of Dunne and Given (after putting Hourihane). I even started doubting who did capped from Wales? Now when I read your post I started thinking how I missed some obvious ones.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Alpay mos def. Don't you remember him getting sent off for a spat with Beckham? should have wrung his **** neck.

I don’t remember that. Although I used to start liking Villa around those days, but we didn’t have enough coverage, nor I was old enough. I remember certain players (such as Angel,Melberg...etc). But I used to watch a game every two or three months. And follow results by (local newspapers or by the internet). 

8 hours ago, YLN said:

Rob has decided to thread spoil until he gets the Lovely Ladies thread back.

I can't believe we used to have a Lovely Ladies thread on here with real naked female breasts just there for us to look at on VT. What a time that was. 

Anyway this thread is a mess until the OP is a list of all the countries in the world with the name of the player, the date of their cap and their time with Villa. 

Example:

Denmark - Martin Laursen - Villa 2004-2009 - Played vs Latvia in 2007 (I actually met him after this game outside a nightclub in Riga with Thomas Sorensen)

Djibouti

Dominica

Dominican Republic

DR Congo

Ecuador - Ulysses De La Cruz - Villa 2002-2006 - 101 caps between 1995 and 2010

Egypt - Trezeguet - Villa 2019 - Present - Played 2 caps in 2020

El Salvador

England - Gabby Agbonlahor - Villa 2005-2018 - Played against Germany in 2008

and so on

That would need a huge effort in searching. 🤣

Ireland (mid-90's until today):

God

Andy Townsend

Ray Houghton

Steve Staunton

Gareth Farrelly

Mark Kinsella

Richard Dunne

Ciaran Clark

Robbie Keane (Possibly, I'm not sure if there were any international games in the short period in which he was here) - just looked it up, there was one and he played in it.

Conor Hourihane

I'm sure that there were more in the past.

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ireland (mid-90's until today):

God

Andy Townsend

Ray Houghton

Steve Staunton

Gareth Farrelly

Mark Kinsella

Richard Dunne

Ciaran Clark

Robbie Keane (Possibly, I'm not sure if there were any international games in the short period in which he was here) - just looked it up, there was one and he played in it.

Conor Hourihane

I'm sure that there were more in the past.

Stephen Ireland too I think.

I don’t know if it’s just the era I grew up in, but it feels right when we have an Irish player in the squad. 

Â