How many national teams capped a Villa player?

abdulaziz1

4 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Italy - Gollini.

Has he been capped? Yes - once 😂

Hang on, I'm confused what we're listing.

Are we listing players who played for a different national team, or players who played for a different national team while they were a Villa player?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are we listing players who played for a different national team, or players who played for a different national team while they were a Villa player?

OP made it clear they wanted capped while an employee of the club. Makes it a bit harder, eg N’Zogbia and Ginola don’t count even though they played for France a few times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I mis-read ☺️ Ignore my post.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Jlloyd samuel

Phillipe Senderos

(yes I'm ignoring the whole idea)

Rob has decided to thread spoil until he gets the Lovely Ladies thread back.

I can't believe we used to have a Lovely Ladies thread on here with real naked female breasts just there for us to look at on VT. What a time that was. 

Anyway this thread is a mess until the OP is a list of all the countries in the world with the name of the player, the date of their cap and their time with Villa. 

Example:

Denmark - Martin Laursen - Villa 2004-2009 - Played vs Latvia in 2007 (I actually met him after this game outside a nightclub in Riga with Thomas Sorensen)

Djibouti

Dominica

Dominican Republic

DR Congo

Ecuador - Ulysses De La Cruz - Villa 2002-2006 - 101 caps between 1995 and 2010

Egypt - Trezeguet - Villa 2019 - Present - Played 2 caps in 2020

El Salvador

England - Gabby Agbonlahor - Villa 2005-2018 - Played against Germany in 2008

and so on

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I can’t believe that when you think of ROI players and all the great players over the last 30 years who’ve played for our club, and you name Hourihane? 😂

I tried to start from the newer ones🤣, the best was definitely Paul McGrath. But when you start remembering you get confused and try to think of what in front of you. For example somehow I chose Bouma, while Vlaar was most recent and he was our captain. Somehow I didn’t remember until after posting.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bcarpet said:

Good idea for a thread and it's something I've thought about myself.

Is it worth editing your post and putting the ist in alphabetical order (of country) and then adding in the names as and when someone comments? Could turn into a really good reference list then!

If it’s allowed I will try and arrange it after the whole brain storming being done here. 👍🏻
I remember trying to count how many nationalities we had, but again sometimes you can’t decide which nationality the player is until he chose where to cap. I think through this idea we can know how many nationalities played for us. But I’m not sure about how to get other clubs stats on that.

Edited by abdulaziz1

Â