Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Good to hear that he’s playing again. Time for him to ease into the squad, work him into Unai’s tactics, so we can let Donck leave in January.

Going by his European run outs, Donck’s international experience seems to be worth naught. If we can get a buyer or even a long term loan for him, I don’t see how Tim could be any worse? 

No pressure on Tim: he might actually take his chances on cameos rather than look like a deer in the headlights (Hi Chambers, Hi Donck)

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do we even know what injury he had?

Was reported as a back injury.

Was training with the first team and mentioned by Unai several times, sure he would’ve been involved during preseason otherwise. Similar for Duran too…

Hopefully he can help us out and give us a bit of midfield depth. Not impressed by the Belgian boys at all… think we will shift Dendoncker asap too, I don’t think Unai is a fan… and we can do much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to see the return of Tim.

I'm not sure if injury had saved him inadvertantly from Monchi's chop. He may also have had a mixed loan spell at QPR (with mitigating factors IMO) but for me he has been the most exciting youngster in the recent crop alongside Chuk.

A positive of his loan spell, which seemed like a negative at the time was the amount of positions he covered.

image.png.39c62a42fcaec19baf510677f9f22582.png

We all know how much flexibility is a desired trait for Unai by now. Despite the selling of academy talent I think Tim stands a good chance to make an impact, at the very minimum usurping Donk as the rotation option for Kamara.

• Like 1

If we are going to use Tielemans further up the pitch, surely there’s some minutes for Tim whenever he’s ready? Maybe he can fill in for Luiz in one of our upcoming Conference league games vs Legia or Zrinjski. It would be good to see him play soon 

• Like 4

Tim isn’t eligible for the group stages of the Conference League unfortunately. Neither are Omari Kellyman, Rory Wilson, Kerr Smith, Rico Richards, Caleb Chukwuemeka and a few others in the U18s.

Youth players registered for the UEFA List B squad have to be with the club before their 21st birthday for 2 consecutive years with no loans, or 3 years with a maximum 1 year loan in between.

We could choose to register Tim in our List A squad in January but that would mean removing a senior player, unlikely unless he really impresses soon or we pick up more long term injuries.

17 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Hasn't Caleb Chukwuemeka left us now? He was on trial at Bristol City last month I think.

Interesting, I hadn’t seen that Caleb was on trial. No official confirmation from the club that he has left and still listed on the U21 page. Pretty clear he’s not going to play for us again though you’re right.

For Iroegbunam Kellyman Wilson, if they don’t go out on loan in January they will qualify as club trained from the start of next season. Meaning Kellyman and Wilson can be on List B and Iroegbunam could be added as a senior to List A without having to remove anyone, unlike this season.

22 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

Interesting, I hadn’t seen that Caleb was on trial. No official confirmation from the club that he has left and still listed on the U21 page. Pretty clear he’s not going to play for us again though you’re right.

For Iroegbunam Kellyman Wilson, if they don’t go out on loan in January they will qualify as club trained from the start of next season. Meaning Kellyman and Wilson can be on List B and Iroegbunam could be added as a senior to List A without having to remove anyone, unlike this season.

Seems to make sense to keep them  then and hope  they get some good opportunities  (maybe finally a good FA Cup run - have a hunch Unai wants that one, not from anything he's said, just because of the prestige of the trophy and the impact it would have)

Â