Baros vs Vassell

villafan306

Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?

• Baros
    • Vassell

Sorry guys, somebody convince me that Baros is so much better than Vassel,

I think they score around the same number of goals a season, Baros may be greedier in the box but Vassel offers more as a "defence worrier" - pace just kills defenders.

If Baros comes then Vass will stay. It make no sense at all to get rid.

I hope he does stay but would how many strikers do we need? I can't see Vassell being happy as a bit part player at this stage of his career.

I think DOL would use all 4 strikers, change things around a up front during most matches.

He made good use of all his strikers during his Leeds days and I feel he'd try to do the same here.

BTW, found some stats from another thread........

Baros

Premier League:

Goals: 19

Avg goals/game: 0.29

Appearances: 66

Subs. (on/off): 21/25

Vass

Premier League:

Goals: 35

Avg goals/game: 0.22

Appearances: 162

Subs. (on/off): 55/45

I think DOL would use all 4 strikers, change things around a up front during most matches.

I hope you're right, but i can see one or two of them kicking up a fuss and spitting their dummies out when they're on the bench and asking for a transfer.

Liverpool - 106(40) apps, 27 goals = 3.926

Non-L'Pool - 61(0) apps, 12 goals = 5.083

Overall domestic career - 167(40) apps, 39 goals = 4.282

International - 37(6) apps, 25 goals = 1.480

Overall - 204(46) apps, 64 goals = 3.188

Vassell

Overall domestic (Villa) - 201(77) apps, 44 goals = 4.568

International - 22 (19) apps, 6 goals = 3.667

Overall - 223(95) apps, 50 goals = 4.460

If Baros comes in and Vassell goes, weve sold one pacey striker who cant score and bought......well, another pacey striker who cant score.

If Baros was to form part of a quartet which included Vass, then fair enough. There's no point if Vass is leaving though as our strike force would still include three main strikers and a youngster who still doesnt seem ready for the PL.

If Baros comes in and Vassell goes, weve sold one pacey striker who cant score and bought......well, another pacey striker who cant score.

If Baros was to form part of a quartet which included Vass, then fair enough. There's no point if Vass is leaving though. As our strike force would still include three main strikers and a youngster who still doesnt seem ready for the PL.

spot on...

Baros, easily the more talented player. Get the impression that Vassell has reached his limit (which is pretty good all the same) whereas Baros still has a little learning left in him.

People forget, Baros suffered from Angel-itis at Liverpool, playing upfront on his own most of the season.

Baros had Gerrard marauding up and down the field plus Risse and Alonso who both finished within the top ten for assists.

Looking at his stats, I just dont see why he would be better than Vassell.

At times, Villa arent known for creating an abundance of chances - Baros' already poor domestic scoring record would probably be worse for us.

In the European championships he played alongside Jan Koller so Im suprised Benitez doesnt fancy linking him up with Crouch.

30-11 now.

just voted for Dazz. For me thought, there much the same sort of player, so swapping one for another and making a loss on it seems pointless.

If he's to complement what we already have, then fine.

Otherwise, i just can't see the point. Not an improvement, IMO.

Cannot belive this vote i really cannot.

They similar players with the advantage that Vass loves villa and is quicker.

The advantages that Baros has is....................nothin!!

Cannot belive this vote i really cannot.

They similar players with the advantage that Vass loves villa and is quicker.

The advantages that Baros has is....................nothin!!

the grass is always greener and all that thought Jez. :?

can't see it myself, looks about the same colour from where i'm standing.

Sometimes you just need to see a change. Vass has been the same frustrating player year after year. He has 1 year left on his contract and will struggle to get back into the England team. Baros would sign for 4 years, hasn't lost his international place and I also think will get better but Vass will always be Vass. Take a chance, we need change. I vote Baros!

I think we need 4 strikers, with Luke Moore as back up. I know that will not do much for Moore's progress but if we are going to compete ask yourself this - how many teams in the Prem would Luke Moore get in to?

So keep Vass & bring Baros or whoever in. I for one would like to see us not severely under strength just because of a couple of injuries. Four strikers is good for competition, and will keep everyone fresh.

Am I just hoping for too much??????

As for who is better, I am really not sure, though I doubt Vassell would have had a Euro 2004 like Baros did had he being in the Czech side. I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I am in a rambling mood, so.......... :roll:

Why is there this sudden thought that one striker needs to be sold if another is to be brought in? When we were going after bellamy we didnt need to sell a striker.

mancity have put a silly offer in. I think thats all there is to it.

Why is there this sudden thought that one striker needs to be sold if another is to be brought in? When we were going after bellamy we didnt need to sell a striker.

I agree wholeheartedly. If we are going to compete we need 4 strikers. Fact.

Yeah that sounds great but back in the real world how long would it be till one of those strikers spits his dummy out and demands a transfer because he's not getting a game??

Yeah that sounds great but back in the real world how long would it be till one of those strikers spits his dummy out and demands a transfer because he's not getting a game??

Back in the real world how long before two strikers get injured?

Â