Baros vs Vassell

villafan306

Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?

• Baros
    • Vassell

can I predict this to be very close

as I see it there is very little between them

both have pace

both score goals

Baros possibly scores more 1 on 1's and goals generally

Vass is better team player, less head down and run, forgetting their are 9 other players to use

I think Baros has fulfilled his potential a lot more than Vassell. I still think Vassell could be a better player, but he's such a confidence player that I can't see it ever happening (much like Heskey). Therefore, I vote Baros

Baros purely because he's a better finisher than Vassell (whose finishing is woeful in my opinion)

you see that's the thing I don't rate Baros' finishing any higher than Vass'

the scousers I know reckon he misses way way too many and his head down approach has cost them lots of other good chances being created too

If Angel is to be the Number one forward then Vas has to be kept and played alongside, his pace creates the space that Angel needs.

IMHO Baros and Angel are just not compatiable but if DOL thinks that in the overal picture swapping Vas for BAros and paying about £3m is worth it then it is decision and a vital one.

Baros, just.

I also have a lot of friends who are Liverpool fans and have seen a lot of their games on TV last season. Baros is not a great finisher by any means, but he is better than Vassell (who isnt?!)

Sorry guys, somebody convince me that Baros is so much better than Vassel,

I think they score around the same number of goals a season, Baros may be greedier in the box but Vassel offers more as a "defence worrier" - pace just kills defenders.

If Baros comes then Vass will stay. It make no sense at all to get rid.

Baros everyday for me... At least some signs of ambition!

Some gossip for you from Sweden (I live in Sweden), from what I´ve heard DOL didnt have time to do a pre-match interview with the commentator of the game because he was waiting for phonecalls from agents and chairmens....

In a local newspaper today there was an interview with Olof and the reporter asked him about Villas chanses i PL this season, he said - I think were stronger now than last season we have made four good signings and FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD WE ARE SIGNING A QUOPLE PLAYERS MORE....

Make of it what you want.

UP THE VILLA

Baros purely because he's a better finisher than Vassell (whose finishing is woeful in my opinion)

you see that's the thing I don't rate Baros' finishing any higher than Vass'

the scousers I know reckon he misses way way too many and his head down approach has cost them lots of other good chances being created too

He's scored more goals than Vassell and he's a couple of years younger than him too. I'm just a bit fed up of waiting for Vassell to come good to be honest, he's got great pace, but that seems to be it really.

Sorry guys, somebody convince me that Baros is so much better than Vassel,

I think they score around the same number of goals a season, Baros may be greedier in the box but Vassel offers more as a "defence worrier" - pace just kills defenders.

If Baros comes then Vass will stay. It make no sense at all to get rid.

I hope he does stay but would how many strikers do we need? I can't see Vassell being happy as a bit part player at this stage of his career.

vass is villa through and through i dont think he would want to leave the villa. i think id pick baros though as vass doesnt score many and is very injury prone. but if we get rid of vass for a pathetic 1.25m i will be fuming

Â