Baros vs Vassell

villafan306

Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer in the Vilaa team?

• Baros
    • Vassell

Why is there this sudden thought that one striker needs to be sold if another is to be brought in? When we were going after bellamy we didnt need to sell a striker.

mancity have put a silly offer in. I think thats all there is to it.

I agree wholeheartedly. If we are going to compete we need 4 strikers. Fact.

Yeah that sounds great but back in the real world how long would it be till one of those strikers spits his dummy out and demands a transfer because he's not getting a game??

Back in the real world how long before two strikers get injured?

Good point Phillips and Angel have both had their injury problems in recent times.

Why is there this sudden thought that one striker needs to be sold if another is to be brought in? When we were going after bellamy we didnt need to sell a striker.

I agree wholeheartedly. If we are going to compete we need 4 strikers. Fact.

Completely agree. In the modern game most top teams have four strikers. Now we are nowhere near being a top side but we still need 4 to compete.

That was one of the reasons why we failed to compete last year IMO.

An under performing and quite frankly shocking Cole, and injurred Vass, JPA suffering for a number of reasons and a rookie Moore.

And people who wondered why we failed to score, or criticised our strikeforce now think that 4 strikers is too much.

We have four strikers. Losing Vassell would hurt us in the pace department but are we one of those teams who rely on lots of pace? No.

The way DOL likes to play (and we've seen this all last two seasons) Is build play up from each side having the strikers drawn to the flanks and take part in intricate passing moves. We dont pull defences out and get DV to run in behind as much as we should. DV is wasted at this club.

Baros, is a better finisher for me, he knows where the net is and still has a good run of pace. He works as hard off the ball as DV does. So I think there are more pros to Baros than DV.

We have to remember that VP is not a place where we MUST keep home grown players, its a place where we get the best possible players. Looking at the likes of Chelsea, Arse and ManUre, they don't keep players if they don't perform EFFECTIVELY.... and we need to start doing the same.

Anyone that questions this should stick the Liverpool game on telly now on.

Look at Baros's assist for the second goal and his finishing for the the third and then try and tell me that Vassell would of managed either.

Problem is that the fact he is playing probably means we aint getting him.

Wahey! Me too.

Me three.

One of the things I like about Vass is that he's our only striker that likes to work the flanks as well. Angel, Phillips and even Moore are all much more about getting chances in the box. He's not the most natural finisher, but he does a lot more work than the other strikers. I'd like him to stay and get Baros, as Vassell just gives options that the others don't.

Baros runs the flanks too, and actually gets into goalscoring positions and takes his chances. I would still like both though, We shouldn't need to sell, competition is good and we need 4 top strikers, Moore is not yet a top striker.

We're not gonna be able to keep four top strikers happy at our club, believe me if Vassell stays and Baros signs one or two of our strikers will spit their dummy out and demand a move eventually.

We've heard tons about Moore and his potential, now if Vassell leaves Moore will get his chance to prove his worth.

Liverpool fans seem to think he's a bit lazy, which is worrying.

I think the main complaint about Baros is the one about him keeping his head down when he's got the ball.

Though he wasn't being greedy when he made that pass to Morientes (sp?) tonight.

We're not gonna be able to keep four top strikers happy at our club, believe me if Vassell stays and Baros signs one or two of our strikers will spit their dummy out and demand a move eventually.

We've heard tons about Moore and his potential, now if Vassell leaves Moore will get his chance to prove his worth.

When I said 'top' strikers I exaggerated. Angel, Vassell, Phillips are, like most strikers, subject to huge flucuations in form, as is Milan Baros. If strikers aren't scoring it costs the team. I think the strikers we have will take it on the chin if they are not performing. By keeping Baros and Vassell we would show intentions of ambiton. If one striker isn't performing, we can change him around. Plus you have to bear in mind injuries too. I think we would be fine with 4 strikers plus Moore and I'd like to see it happen. But I don't believe it will.

When I said 'top' strikers I exaggerated. Angel, Vassell, Phillips are, like most strikers, subject to huge flucuations in form, as is Milan Baros. If strikers aren't scoring it costs the team. I think the strikers we have will take it on the chin if they are not performing. By keeping Baros and Vassell we would show intentions of ambiton. If one striker isn't performing, we can change him around. Plus you have to bear in mind injuries too. I think we would be fine with 4 strikers plus Moore and I'd like to see it happen. But I don't believe it will.

I hope Vassell does stay if Baros signs, it can only be good for the Villa.

I just can't see it myself.

People who have been concerned by how Peter C has developed since we let him go for 2mil had better get in for a big shock.

I can take Baros or leave him, but if we let Darius go for 50% or less what we pay for Baros, I will sink into a very deep depression.

I think it was Blandy who not long ago posted an excellent set of basic rules for running a football club, among which was something like

"You don't sell your best players to your competitors"

I sincerely hope someone at Villa Park applies this simple logic.

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary insists Darius Vassell is part of his plans.

The England international has been linked with a possible move away from Villa, as O'Leary looks to raise transfer funds.

Vassell has been linked with Manchester City, but O'Leary has ruled out selling the striker.

O'Leary is keen to keep Vassell at Villa Park and is looking for another striker to bolster his squad.

"We are looking for another striker but Darius is still part of my plans, especially when fit," said O'Leary.

"If we can get another striker in, we'll have four strikers and that means we'll have real competition for places."

O'Leary is thought to have targeted Liverpool's Milan Baros, as he searches for a new striker.

The former Leeds United boss has held a long-term interest in Baros and he is hoping to lure him away from Anfield.

Baros's future at Liverpool looks uncertain, with Reds boss Rafa Benitez admitting he would listen to offers for the player.

skysports.com

Liverpool fans seem to think he's a bit lazy, which is worrying.

The ones I know that go week in week out don't, my colleague who I was working with last night says if we get him it'll be the steal of the century, he doesn't want him to leave and neither do most of the other ones I know that go every week.

Â