U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

I spelt his name wrong there, it should be Softley, he's a central defender, but I think he has also played in midfield.

'A TEENAGER from Bewdley's dream of becoming a professional footballer has moved a major step closer after being given a two-year scholarship with Premier League Aston Villa'

Kidderminster Shuttle

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I spelt his name wrong there, it should be Softley, he's a central defender, but I think he has also played in midfield.

'A TEENAGER from Bewdley's dream of becoming a professional footballer has moved a major step closer after being given a two-year scholarship with Premier League Aston Villa'

Kidderminster Shuttle

You know the saying, right, Useless? 'Softley Softley, spelly namey correctly-y' 

It might not be that EXACTLY but I believe the gist is there. 

9 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Is there a big  difference in PL1 and PL2?

PL1 technically is just the normal Premier League as we all know it.

PL2 has two divisions, we're currently in Division 2.

Division 1 includes more of the 'big' clubs including Man City (5 games in but they're 1st), Arsenal (2nd), Spurs (5th), Leicester (9th), United (8th), Liverpool (10th), Everton (11th) and Chelsea (bottom, 14th).

Also includes other Category 1 Academies such as Crystal Palace, Brighton, Derby, Leeds, West Ham and Blackburn.

Division 2 is made up of the other 14 Category 1 Academies but currently the bigger ones in there would be the likes of Ourselves, Fulham and Southampton (currently bottom). Still some good academies but certainly a step up to Division 1.

Although I'd anticipate that more of the big U23 players from Division 1 end up on Loan through the league's, for example I can't imagine Chelsea would be bottom of Division 1  without them having 12 U23 players out on loan

I've updated the front page as best I can with current information from last night's game. I will re-visit if and when more complete information comes out. I've used timestamps from people who tweeted from the game for the minutes the goals went in so they are approximate but they'll only be out by a few minutes here or there. There are still question marks about the identity of some of the goal scorers. Our OS really doesn't make things easy. Are they ashamed of participating in this competition or something ?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I've updated the front page as best I can with current information from last night's game. I will re-visit if and when more complete information comes out. I've used timestamps from people who tweeted from the game for the minutes the goals went in so they are approximate but they'll only be out by a few minutes here or there. There are still question marks about the identity of some of the goal scorers. Our OS really doesn't make things easy. Are they ashamed of participating in this competition or something ?

God knows - I've definitely felt us to be lagging behind when it comes to our academy coverage tbh, both Palace and Norwich were much better in terms of live text recently, for example.

Reddin and Hart have put their goals from last night on their instagrams, two good goals, especially Reddin's. Both have five goals for the season now in all competitions, I imagine they'll be pushing for more game time with the U23s.

Next round of fixtures

Friday 24/09
11:00 Fulham(1)     v Newcastle(9)
19:00 Middlesbro(5) v Notts Forest(10)

Monday 27/09
13:30 sha(13)       v Southampton(14)
18:00 Wolves(4)     v Sunderland(12)
19:00 Burnley(11)   v Reading(8)
19:00 Norwich(2)    v West Brom(7)
19:00 Stoke City(6) v Aston Villa(3)

13 hours ago, BOF said:

Chris Nee has been kind enough to send me on the proper goalscorer & substitution info so I'll update that tomorrow. What I can say is Frith did indeed score a hattrick.

Awesome. I’ve put some feelers out, but haven’t seen anything yet for a proper line-up/subs/scorers. If you know the subbed players aswell then just give us a quick shout please. Thanks.

I had planned to go but West Midland Trains had other ideas!

Friday 24/09
11:00 Fulham(1)     3-1 Newcastle(9)
19:00 Middlesbro(5) 0-1 Notts Forest(10)

Monday 27/09
13:30 sha(13)       3-2 Southampton(14)