U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Rhaiky is, Iroegbunam is a good b2b although could play as a cdm. But we have players like Lindley as well.

Bogarde played CDM vs Liverpool when out first team was out with Covid. 

Yea, I always saw him CDM here at Feyenoord as well, so impressive, pity to not see him on his best position. You guys should have taken his bit older brother if you wanted a central defender, we lost him as well, to Hoffenheim :( 

9 minutes ago, VanGaalsOrangeArmy said:

Yea, I always saw him CDM here at Feyenoord as well, so impressive, pity to not see him on his best position. You guys should have taken his bit older brother if you wanted a central defender, we lost him as well, to Hoffenheim :( 

Theres a long term vision to what Villa are doing with their youth players. The position they play at the moment might well be because of a coaching decision to give him a full understanding of defending . The reason Villa got him ahead of others was because we apparently presented based on his weaknesses and how we could improve him . 

Probably see him playing right back at some point as well !!!!🤣🤣

15 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Theres a long term vision to what Villa are doing with their youth players. The position they play at the moment might well be because of a coaching decision to give him a full understanding of defending . The reason Villa got him ahead of others was because we apparently presented based on his weaknesses and how we could improve him . 

Probably see him playing right back at some point as well !!!!🤣🤣

Of course I know all about it,  its perfectly normal to have players posted on a different position to learn other aspects of the total game, you dont have to explain that to a Dutchie :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stats updated.

Results. (old league position>new position)

Friday
18:00 Aston Villa(5>3)  4-2 West Brom(3>7)

Sunday
14:00 Southampton(14)   0-2 Burnley(13>11)

Monday
13:00 Sunderland(11>12) 1-3 Middlesbrough(8>5)
19:00 Newcastle(4>9)    2-3 Stoke City(9>6)
19:00 Notts Forest(10)  5-0 sha(12>13)
19:00 Reading(6>8 )     3-3 Norwich City(2)
19:00 Wolves(7>4)       2-1 Fulham(1)

• Like 1

Reddin and Frith with the second half goals.

So possibly an hat-trick for Frith, I've seen one tweet suggesting that the goalscorers were Frith (2), Thorndike, Hart, Abldeen-Goodridge, and Reddin, and another saying Frith (3), Hart, Abldeen-Goodridge, and Reddin. Either way seems he had a good game.

Luke Softely also made his U23 debut, after making his U18 debut just over a week ago.

• Thanks 1