U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Aaron Ramsey is class, not the finished article but he will make it. 

Josh Feeney very solid, international. Sil OOP as others have said. 

Chuk2 really good movement,  tales his goals well.

Baggies LB looks decent.

Game is very fast, high intensity.

Good Vue for the 3-1

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Couple of thoughts:

- Been a big year for Lindley, he's come on leaps and bounds as a player. Good for us because we don't have any senior cover for Douglas Luiz in the DLP role. 

- Swinkels has a lot about him but just isn't a full back for me. He's a great athlete, good defender, tidy on the ball and can pass, but he's not someone who can drive forward with the ball, which is what we need from our fullbacks with the way we play. 

Its like playing Laursen at left back . He is a centre back .Problem is we have bought in Feeney who is an even more imposing dominant centre back

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its like playing Laursen at left back . He is a centre back .Problem is we have bought in Feeney who is an even more imposing dominant centre back

He's more of a ball playing defender than Laursen but similar in that he doesn't have the dribbling/agility to play in that role. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i find Thorndike really, really erratic.

He's a very positive player - much like Iroegbunam - just always looking to bring it forward and make something happen. Love that dynamism.

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Andy. Always thought you were very knowledgeable about our youth. I know its probably too early but are these lot the best we have ever had on paper. ? 

you didnt ask me.....but!

in the 25+ years i have supported Villa, i have never seen such a talented group of youth players at Villa.

Yes we have had some great individual talents like Barry & Grealish, and some that got away like Cahill, but i can confidently say i have never seen such a talented group, we have numerous really talented youth players, will be interesting to see which of them make it.

On that note, 3 of them have already made it to the first team (Bidace, Carney, J.Ramsey).

• Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

What’s the trialist been like, it’s a kid called Declan Frith, not sure where he’s from but he had a trial at Chelsea earlier in the year.

Trying a bit too hard to impress tbh - clearly loves to dribble and bring it forward but he's not looking like a team player, though that could just be down to unfamiliarity with his teammates. 

He signed permanently for Chelsea in May but was released this summer, bizarrely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

you didnt ask me.....but!

in the 25+ years i have supported Villa, i have never seen such a talented group of youth players at Villa.

Yes we have had some great individual talents like Barry & Grealish, and some that got away like Cahill, but i can confidently say i have never seen such a talented group, we have numerous really talented youth players, will be interesting to see which of them make it.

On that note, 3 of them have already made it to the first team (Bidace, Carney, J.Ramsey).

I feel excited as well but i have to temper it a little as the law of averages suggests that most will not make it . However i also feel like our youth set up and DOF are up to something very special. They seem to understand what potential looks like and are going and grabbing it left right and centre. Its like they are looking for a team of players that compliment one another rather than a few stars.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Trying a bit too hard to impress tbh - clearly loves to dribble and bring it forward but he's not looking like a team player, though that could just be down to unfamiliarity with his teammates. 

He signed permanently for Chelsea in May but was released this summer, bizarrely.

Yeah, I just read he had signed for Chelsea in May. Seems very odd he was released a few months later.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This, wants the ball, he's a bit like decent Trez

🤪

• Haha 1

Just now, WHY said:

Yeah, I just read he had signed for Chelsea in May. Seems very odd he was released a few months later.

He plays like a younger player who hasn't learnt how to be part of a team yet - bit of a worry seeing as he's 19. 

• Like 1