U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Patterson has unbelievable potential and Chrisene is developing into an excellent left back.

Agree on Patterson but with Chrisene i just see Barry mk2 . Maybe he can start out there but i see him central midfield eventually ( if he can get a game ahead of the Great Barr 3 !)

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Agree on Patterson but with Chrisene i just see Barry mk2 . Maybe he can start out there but i see him central midfield eventually ( if he can get a game ahead of the Great Barr 3 !)

Assuming they both make it (i know....), i think Chrisene as a left wing back, and kesler as a right wing back, would be seriously dangerous (if they reach their potential).

if we ever wanted to move to a 343/3421/3412 they would be ready made for those wing back positions, or.....as two very attacking full backs in a back 4.

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

242155201_877919452929846_8950924369354941255_n.jpgI

In case you wondered what the view looked like from the other side of the pitch as we celebrated our fourth.

(Apologies to the chap walking across).

That must be @Phil Silvers walking across there! 

There's a rumour that we've signed Albion's England U17 left-back Lino Sousa, when I saw we had a 'trialist' in the line up today that was who I was expecting it might be. Not sure why it wouldn't have been announced yet unless we're working out the compensation we have to pay them, he hasn't played in any of their fixtures at U18 or U23 level this season but has played for England U17s so hasn't been injured the entire time, and they've now removed him from their website, he was there at the start of the season when they updated it because I looked to see if Fenton Heard was listed amongst their new U18 players.

If not we've got Chrisene, Patterson, and Munroe that can play leftback, the first two have played there for England, so whilst it might not be their specialst position, they're more than capable.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think he'll play CM tbf - wouldn't surprise me to see him get a little first team action this year. As I mentioned earlier, Lindley is the one who can play in that role for us - he's got the skillset. 

Yes, it's got a chance, both seem competent enough.

Caleb Chukwuemeka a bit of a bully at this level, when he turned it on, he was unplayable.

Bogarde superb on the ball, he will move forward I think but CB a good place to toughen up and learn the game.

Iroegbunam a monster in the middle of the park, a proper midfield player.

Ealing showed great spirit, naive at times but looks a serious prospect.

Swinkels was uncomfortable at left back, filling in here, but I felt for the lad. A tough night for him, everyone has rapid wingers and fullbacks, so slinging a centre half out there is tough!

Ramsey masterful at times and stupidly greedy at others, all too easy for him and that showed with some poor decisions and sloppy passes. That may sound a harsh assessment, but he is a level above this and on a steep learning curve to much better things than U23 football in front of 2000 people.

Declan Frith looked interesting, tried too hard at times and understandably so whilst on trial. Did some unbelievable stuff and some rubbish, two big spells in the game for him mid to end of both halves. Absolutely rapid and full of tricks, end product is what it is all about.

Feeney, very composed and knows how to defend, can't be 16 surely?!

West Brom were full of physical beasts, so it was a good challenge in that respect, the Villa lads just balled around them though at will. Wrestling the momentum away at times was difficult and it almost could have been any scoreline with the opportunities created and missed.

3 or 4 tonight who have a good chance of playing at the top level, now we are back at Bodymoor, it will be interesting to follow them closely. Stoke away looks fun if I can work out how to get a ticket at Newcastle Town FC.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VanGaalsOrangeArmy said:

So you guys definitely turning Swinkels into a leftback, and Bogarde into a cente-back? Come on man! Bogarde was so impressive on midfield here in the Feyenoord youth!

I think the issue is that our youth midfield is pretty stacked. To get in he needs to play ahead of chukwuemeka, Ramsey, Rhaiky who all wrre just fantastic at youth level and now we have iroegbunam as well. 

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think the issue is that our youth midfield is pretty stacked. To get in he needs to play ahead of chukwuemeka, Ramsey, Rhaiky who all wrre just fantastic at youth level and now we have iroegbunam as well. 

And these are all defensive midfielders??

1 hour ago, VanGaalsOrangeArmy said:

And these are all defensive midfielders??

Rhaiky is, Iroegbunam is a good b2b although could play as a cdm. But we have players like Lindley as well.

Bogarde played CDM vs Liverpool when out first team was out with Covid.