U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Couple of thoughts:

- Been a big year for Lindley, he's come on leaps and bounds as a player. Good for us because we don't have any senior cover for Douglas Luiz in the DLP role. 

- Swinkels has a lot about him but just isn't a full back for me. He's a great athlete, good defender, tidy on the ball and can pass, but he's not someone who can drive forward with the ball, which is what we need from our fullbacks with the way we play. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

Not comparing Ronaldo to Ramsey, but.....Ramsey needs to learn the same lesson Ronaldo learnt when he first went to Manure, that all the trickery in the world is worthless if it doesnt have an end product, as in he needs to know when to release the ball rather than keep running.

Not knocking him, very talented lad, very skilful and capable of the sublime, i have no doubt he will develop his decision making, just making a point.

Think he scored in 10 consecutive games or something last season mate, so don't worry 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Couple of thoughts:

- Been a big year for Lindley, he's come on leaps and bounds as a player. Good for us because we don't have any senior cover for Douglas Luiz in the DLP role. 

- Swinkels has a lot about him but just isn't a full back for me. He's a great athlete, good defender, tidy on the ball and can pass, but he's not someone who can drive forward with the ball, which is what we need from our fullbacks with the way we play. 

Yeah Swinkels is a CB.

Also with regard to Caleb, i cant decide if he is Faustino Asprilla or bambi and not knowing what his legs are doing half the time lol, almost mesmerising to watch as you dont know what he is gonna do....not sure he does either!

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Think he scored in 10 consecutive games or something last season mate, so don't worry 

yeah im not worried, im just saying as he develops he will learn the fine line between when to offload and when to keep going.

(just as he scores...)

what i like about our youth setup now, is just how professional it all looks, lovely pitch, nice little stadium/seating area, the club/owners/ceo/deano etc just be really proud of how they have developed our youth setup over the last 3 years or so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah Swinkels is a CB.

Also with regard to Caleb, i cant decide if he is Faustino Asprilla or bambi and not knowing what his legs are doing half the time lol, almost mesmerising to watch as you dont know what he is gonna do....not sure he does either!

I'm not worried about Caleb, I think he plays like a much more mature player and he looks like a man against boys at this level, certainly in terms of his strength. The goals he's scored today show he's in control of his legs!

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah Swinkels is a CB.

He is neither . He is  ungainly. It just shows that even with brothers you can have one as silky as Carney and as ungainly as Caleb but the emd result is 2 effective yet different players. I think they are going to work on Chuk2 heavily as they think they can turn him into a first team striker. He has the power and the ability. Just need to iron out the rawness. Bit like gabby