Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

8 minutes ago, chappy said:

Took TAA out on my wildcard, fully expecting to be punished. 

Interesting/good wildcard. You're also the only team in the top 13 to captain someone other than Kane or Son 😁

• Like 1

I almost sold Kane this week. I need to sell him soon to get my planned transfers for GW36 and I need the money from him to do the other moves. Plus I’m free hitting next week so would lose a transfer if I rolled it. 

But decided last minute it was worth losing a transfer to keep Kane this week. And I’ve captained him 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Interesting/good wildcard. You're also the only team in the top 13 to captain someone other than Kane or Son 😁

Can already see how this one plays out!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

@AndyM3000 Bringing Raphinha in with a blank next week. Are you wildcarding 33 per chance?

Free hit next GW, then WC is the current plan. Can potentially WC and then save a free hit for 37, will evaluate in the week which might be the better option. 

Don't really love Raph move but couldn't find many options for this GW.

On 08/04/2022 at 11:49, BOF said:

I've captained Kane and can get Son in quite easily. I've 2 FTs but I also own Kulu and Doherty, so it would be at the expense of Kulu. I don't think I can justify the ~5m difference and he would eat into my future budget for upgrading a non-playing striker for BB36. And yet, he might do so much damage in the next few weeks to justify it.  This game eh?

Yeah ... I probably should have done that.

21 hours ago, chappy said:

Can already see how this one plays out!

So **** predictable. Doherty couldn’t even stay on the pitch long enough to make me a dent in it the useless word removed!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

image.png.bb749e4aed2eb5b351bba35fda6eaa88.png

Somewhat eases the pain

As does the 12 from Kulu. Doherty going off injured before the CS is a frustration. 

This who had Son, Kane and Kulu would be laughing. 

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

62 points with 3 to play. Should be a green arrow. 
Son was a rank killer though

One point behind you now with the same 3 to play.

• Like 1

So with the news that it looks like Doherty might miss the rest of the season, and with Son tearing it up, I guess my choice now is do I stop trying to be clever with my transfers over the coming weeks, trying to bring in the Chelseas (Mount or Havertz), Citys (Foden, Mahrez) and Uniteds (Sancho) who have good fixtures or doubles, and just bring in Son and be done with it. That means restricting myself to a very cheap defender and either abandoning the plan to upgrade my striker, or restricting to a just-about-playing donkey, in the hope that Son keeps getting double figures and makes up for the thinner squad.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

So with the news that it looks like Doherty might miss the rest of the season, and with Son tearing it up, I guess my choice now is do I stop trying to be clever with my transfers over the coming weeks, trying to bring in the Chelseas (Mount or Havertz), Citys (Foden, Mahrez) and Uniteds (Sancho) who have good fixtures or doubles, and just bring in Son and be done with it. That means restricting myself to a very cheap defender and either abandoning the plan to upgrade my striker, or restricting to a just-about-playing donkey, in the hope that Son keeps getting double figures and makes up for the thinner squad.

Look at that fixture list for Spurs.

There are a couple of difficult fixtures which happen to be in a double week, which might make up for itself, but other than that, I'd expect Son to be piling up the points.

Disclaimer: You're kicking my arse :D 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Look at that fixture list for Spurs.

There are a couple of difficult fixtures which happen to be in a double week, which might make up for itself, but other than that, I'd expect Son to be piling up the points.

I don't think fixture difficulty particularly affects Son, by which I mean the likes of Havertz may or may not outscore him in the doubles, but I certainly have Son as capable of scoring against literally anyone. He's an insanely effective finisher. We beat Spurs comfortably in Xg the other day. Something like 1.68 to 0.82 and yet they won 4-0. I think I'm erring towards doing it, even though it'll mean much less fun in the transfer market for the rest of the season.

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think fixture difficulty particularly affects Son, by which I mean the likes of Havertz may or may not outscore him in the doubles, but I certainly have Son as capable of scoring against literally anyone. He's an insanely effective finisher. We beat Spurs comfortably in Xg the other day. Something like 1.68 to 0.82 and yet they won 4-0. I think I'm erring towards doing it, even though it'll mean much less fun in the transfer market for the rest of the season.

I'm leaning towards the Kane, Kulu, Son triple up for similar reasons. 

I'm now even contemplating selling Salah and covering him with Jota to get KDB in, which gives me City attacking cover and the 1.2m helps. Means I could get Son & Mount in midfield and downgrade Doherty to a playing but muck defender for 36. Hmmm. But no Salah. Hmmm :)

Â