Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Said it in the match thread but can’t help but feel we retain and progress the ball better with him on the pitch. For all his faults, he never hides from the ball and his teammates trust him enough to fire dangerous passes into him. 

Oh I like that about dangerous passes. That's a really important point.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Started every league game but 2 under Emery, so this is nonsense. He has about 20 appearances more than Bailey despite signing in the same summer.

Also one of these managers you mention is one Steven Gerrard, currently managing world football giants El Ettifaq. You're grasping at straws lately. Just let it go. 

When everybody is fit, he rarely starts. Ramsey is injured next week so he might start. I’d be tempted to give him a go ahead of Bailey who hasnt been great at all in pre season. I actually think Diaby has been quite average too. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

When everybody is fit, he rarely starts. Ramsey is injured next week so he might start. I’d be tempted to give him a go ahead of Bailey who hasnt been great at all in pre season. I actually think Diaby has been quite average too. 

How does that work when he's started pretty much every game? It's not even like we've had many injuries up front. Is this just wishful thinking, or do you really think this is true?

Given how many games we have to play this season, we can't really afford to get rid of players who will chip in with the odd goal here and there and have more positive games than negative ones.   We have Coutinho and Buendia for the 'give and go' type, get in to the box late sort of role.  Both of them create a bit of space and cause gaps in defences.  Diaby, in the number 10 role does the same.  We need all of them unless we get a crazy offer than we just can't refuse.   

Â