Breakaway League

Jareth

3 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

You could argue the most likely United, Liverpool players to turn their back on ESL are the English ones. If the UK government prevents work permits for leagues unrecognised by UEFA/FA, they could prevent United, Liverpool replacing these players.

Again, maybe I am idealistic, but would be fooking funny if this were to pan out in this way.

Isn't that quite easy to get round by just playing the ESL games abroad?   The ESL could rotate round the highest bidder country for each round of matches.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I believe the Syndicate are in league with the NWO

635b0-16164207409683-800.jpg

I hope it turns out the same way. Good novelty laugh for a couple of years and then it burns itself to the ground.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Isn't that quite easy to get round by just playing the ESL games abroad?   The ESL could rotate round the highest bidder country for each round of matches.

I suppose, but then isn't that then making it even more complex from a viability standpoint. Renting grounds etc. Do they want any fans to attend these games whatsoever?

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That was over a breach of EU laws which the England no longer deals with 

That was my initial reaction as well. 

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

But do you want to play Saturday, fly to Bahrain on Sunday, play Wednesday, fly back on Thursday and play Saturday again?

There are 18-21 games per club in this league - it's not like the FA Cup - there's a lot of it.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I dont think they care.  The ESL is for the Chinese, Asian, American, Middle Eastern armchair fans.

Yes but don't these clubs want to also play in the Prem still? That's the whole intention right? They will have to choose one or the other, or their players won't be allowed to play in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But do you want to play Saturday, fly to Bahrain on Sunday, play Wednesday, fly back on Thursday and play Saturday again?

There are 18-21 games per club in this league - it's not like the FA Cup - there's a lot of it.

Great for climate change that.

It would be an odd product, referencing engaging billions of fans around the world but unable to fill a stadium.  As and when Prem games are full again the lack of fans in the ground for ESL games will make it look inferior.  Only works if people don't go though.

• Like 1

Just now, Straggler said:

It would be an odd product, referencing engaging billions of fans around the world but unable to fill a stadium.  As and when Prem games are full again the lack of fans in the ground for ESL games will make it look inferior.  Only works if people don't go though.

It's a TV show. 

I'm sure they can find a studio audience.

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Yes but don't these clubs want to also play in the Prem still? That's the whole intention right? They will have to choose one or the other, or their players won't be allowed to play in the Prem.

They want to keep hold of the Premier League cash, they aren't particularly bothered about the competition itself. 

So they have a B team to play in the PL while their stars play in the ESL abroad.  

They don't need to finish in the top 4 in the PL as it doesn't matter anymore.  They have so much money from the ESL that even their B team will be better than the main team of the other 14 clubs. In some ways they already are, with some minor exceptions.

Â