Midweek Football 12/15 April

andykeenan

They go beyond being proud of him, they act almost as if it's some sort of victory that he left them.

Also Grealish is already one of the best players in world, Bellingham as good as he is and as much potential as he has isn't yet. Another difference is that Grealish has actually stuck with us and helped us get into the position we're in at the moment, so if he left we'd have more reason to be thankful to him and to want to see him do well, and even then we wouldn't go on about him as much as they go on about Bellingham, because we'd have our own good players to focus on.

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Why is it a little sad? Would you not feel proud if Jack left Villa but went on to be one of the best players in the world? 

Retiring shirt numbers is ridiculous, but being proud of a player who joined as a child and went on to be the player he already is, is something to be proud about. 

He played a season for them as a kid. Keeping an eye on how he's doing and wanting him to do well, much like Hibbs and McGinn is one thing but the constant boasting as if he was still their player is extremely small time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I'd watch him and enjoy it but I claim his success and dortmunds success as equal to villas like he's still one of our own? Not a chance

I also wouldn't spin it in to boasts that he's better than grealish when grealish is still our player and he's not theirs! 

A guy leaving and doing well can be enjoyed but it's not a badge of honour 

I don't understand the first sentence. 

He's not better than Grealish, but you could say he's now achieved more on the Global football stage than Jack has. 

They trained him and made him the player he is. I'd feel a badge of honour if we helped to mould Jack into a world football great. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

He played a season for them as a kid. Keeping an eye on how he's doing and wanting him to do well, much like Hibbs and McGinn is one thing but the constant boasting as if he was still their player is extremely small time

Was it only that one season that contributed to him being the footballer he is today? 

Just now, fightoffyour said:

What?! That's never a handball. He headed it first.

Yep, by the rules it isn't a pen as he heads it onto his arm. Cash got away with one for us when he thigh'd it onto his arm this season.

Ref was clearly biased against Dortmund in the 1st leg and now that aberration of a decision. What is the excuse?

Jenas the cock-womble thinks its a great decision.

Serves Dortmund right for persisting with Can who seemed on a one-man mission to lose the game for them last time out. 

Just now, penguin said:

So should Southampton fans still be wanking themselves silly over Bale?

Bale left Southampton 14 years ago. So "wanking themselves silly" probably not. Proud that one of their homegrown players (if he was, I don't know), reached the pinnacle of club football, yeah I'd be proud. 

Bellingham left Blues less than 14 months ago so I feel they can be rightly proud of the player he is becoming. 

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Bale left Southampton 14 years ago. So "wanking themselves silly" probably not. Proud that one of their homegrown players (if he was, I don't know), reached the pinnacle of club football, yeah I'd be proud. 

Bellingham left Blues less than 14 months ago so I feel they can be rightly proud of the player he is becoming. 

It goes far beyond that though thats the point people are making. You'd be forgiven for thinking that anything he wins from now on gets added to their trophy cabinet, if they have one, by proxy. 

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

Â