Weekends Football 9/11 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why was the united goal dissalowed. My internet cut off just as it was scored

McTominay fouled Son in the build-up. Would have likely been a second yellow for him if the ref had seen it. Threw back his arm and hit Son in the face.

It was far more innocuous than being made out, players have to use their arms to balance and protect the ball, it’s the game.

I’d be furious if a ref gave that as a foul against me, what happened to clear and obvious errors? Is that completely off the table now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've just seen the United goal and disallowing it for that is absolutely disgraceful.

Having seen it on the monitor the referee should be going back and booking Son.

I don’t even care that Son goes down, it might have caught him in the eye and the refs bring it on themselves for forcing players to go down to get a call (Trezeguet yesterday for example).

The right call is it’s a goal, and Son can feel unlucky he took an unfortunate whack in the face.

We need to stop judging players in slow motion.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having seen it on the monitor the referee should be going back and booking Son.

It’s open season for simulation now. Players are getting away with everything. Son steps in front of the United attacker a few minutes later (ignoring the ball) then flies to the ground winning a free kick. 
It really needs to be fixed. If you position yourself like that (like how Kane won the penalty against us) without any attempt to play the ball then tough shit, you get nothing.

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Mourinho really has his Spurs team fully drilled to fall over at every opportunity.

Sometimes I really hate modern football.

It's against Manure thou so serves then right considering how they usually behave.

Â