Ings

What gerrard will probably play

Martinez

Cash         Carlos              Mings      Digne

Kamara

McGinn               Ramsey

Coutinho

Watkins                 Ings

I would go for team one myself. Sadly as Buendia/Coutinho havent been tried together in pre season it isnt happening. Yesterday was a good opportunity to try them together

15 hours ago, a m ole said:

Just doesn’t suit Ramsey’s game. If Tim can progress fast, he’d suit the ‘double pivot’ with Kamara though for sure

Played there for the Eng U19 with Chuk and looked good and Kamara is way better than Chuk so would be a good option. 

I still say loan Tim out to QPR for a season and get in someone like Thuram as his progressive stats are great and he would be able to bridge the def/attack gap with his runs and Kamara with his progressive passing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Played there for the Eng U19 with Chuk and looked good and Kamara is way better than Chuk so would be a good option. 

I still say loan Tim out to QPR for a season and get in someone like Thuram as his progressive stats are great and he would be able to bridge the def/attack gap with his runs and Kamara with his progressive passing. 

His Dad just stopped him moving to PSG

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His Dad just stopped him moving to PSG

What’s occurring? What’s he said then? Has he said ‘Kephren..son…don’t play for PSG, sign for the greatest team in the world….Aston Villa’

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

What’s occurring? What’s he said then? Has he said ‘Kephren..son…don’t play for PSG, sign for the greatest team in the world….Aston Villa’

I read that he told him stay at Nice to develop plus they want sign his brother

Was a French article

• Thanks 1

On 18/07/2022 at 09:55, Anything11 said:

Stevie is going to change it up and run out a double pivot - puppies will suddenly perish all over the world and I will look like a right dickhead due to all my double pivot mockery

I'll be waiting to say told you so.

I'm actually not as onboard with a switch to the phrase that must not be used as I was.  I think Luiz played as one of the 8's in the old formation would be the answer.

I do wonder what Gerrard has planned and hopefully figures out what tweaks are needed sharpish. Would be good to play at least one,  or two full games with our preferred line up and formation. 

Edited by MrBlack

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yes, very much so.

Excellent, saw Luiz doing that at end of last season. As opposition players can't enter our box from a goal kick. Means we'll have Mings Kamara Carlos to play it out with Full backs and the 8s as a 4 ahead of them.

It also allows one of the back 3 to carry ball forward and leaves 2 players behind covering. Mings is very good at carrying the ball out of defense. Kamara and Carlos are very good passers. 

The two critical positions of no6 and ball playing CB were filled and I think that will have massive impact on the team

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Personally I just hope we are bit expansive and exciting to watch  

Fair play, as do I .

I was thinking about this last night but hesitant to post 😂.

I was thinking that, with SG, we might not get the most expansive football or super fast progress, but a slower, more solid and disciplined slow ascent ,.plus hopefully a winning mentality.

More Chelsea and less Liverpool.

To be honest it's one of the reasons why I'm not really excited watching Chelsea play, as I think they are quite boring, but effective. ( Not a Chelsea fan obviously so no desire to Labour through)

You'll notice that, we don't tend to win or lose by large margins usually under him.

Hopefully that was partially due to personell and trying to grind out results though.

We have enough attacking talent to be able to wreak havoc to alot of back lines

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play, as do I .

I was thinking about this last night but hesitant to post 😂.

I was thinking that, with SG, we might not get the most expansive football or super fast progress, but a slower, more solid and disciplined slow ascent ,.plus hopefully a winning mentality.

More Chelsea and less Liverpool.

To be honest it's one of the reasons why I'm not really excited watching Chelsea play, as I think they are quite boring, but effective. ( Not a Chelsea fan obviously so no desire to Labour through)

You'll notice that, we don't tend to win or lose by large margins usually under him.

Hopefully that was partially due to personell and trying to grind out results though.

We have enough attacking talent to be able to wreak havoc to alot of back lines

Problem is that if you are a dour team - you have to be a winning team.

If it's all 1-0 0-0 0-1  - etc - it makes any  defeats less tolerable.

I'd be quite happy with 10th - but I would like a bit more panache 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Problem is that if you are a dour team - you have to be a winning team.

If it's all 1-0 0-0 0-1  - etc - it makes any  defeats less tolerable.

I'd be quite happy with 10th - but I would like a bit more panache 

Are we really a dour team though? I don’t get why people are saying this.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah I would say we are.  Maybe because our record was poor last season but we aren’t an exciting to watch at all at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

because we are slow, very predictable and hardly create a bucket load of chances. Its pretty dire to watch, nearly as bad as Bruceball at times and some games we hardly laid a glove on the opponent last season

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We're not better or worse than most of the league IMO and I think we scored more than most teams around us?

People watch a lot of Liverpool and Man City and then wonder why we can't play the same. Those teams are the odd ones out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

because we are slow, very predictable and hardly create a bucket load of chances. Its pretty dire to watch, nearly as bad as Bruceball at times

Yet scored a lot more than the teams around us?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As opposed to who? Top 6 aside who’s exciting in the league ? I’m not comparing I’m just trying to understand what constitutes as exciting football. 

We did actually play some exciting football at times last season, but that argument has also been done to death.

Let's just see how we go this season as we'll be doing the circular forever otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yet scored a lot more than the teams around us?

West Ham, United and Arsenal scored more than us but they play boring football too, We got a lot of goals from magic moments last season instead of great football

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. I’ve enjoyed going again. Actually got a result against United and gave City and Liverpool a game. (Even tho lost).

I guess each to their own.

Fair enough! I’m glad you are!  Just the people I know and around me have struggled more last season.  Maybe the over excitement of coming back after Covid and the football not living up to hopes

Â