I would like to see:

Borna Sosa LB £6 mill

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia LW/RW £10 mill

Michael Olise £20 mill

Van De Beek £35 mill

Maybe:

Leon Bailey RW £40 mill - Bayer Leverkusen 

A CB/RB

Sosa would cost several times that but I agree, Olise is supposed to have an 8 million release.

Van De Beek would be nice, if he would come.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

You're seriously saying you wouldn't take 60 million for Mings? A fee that would make him the second highest transfer fee for a defender, ever...... Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Put it like this 60 mill for Ming's and 150 mil for Grealish and you can see the difference and what could happen. We could easy find suitable CBs for a replacement on Ming's who could do just as good a job as him. You would even have spare change from the sale, but no way could you do that on a Jack sale, we just couldn't find a single replacement without adding cash and most likely triple spending what we sold Grealish for.

Thing is Villa are a business and if suitable replacements are up for grabs and a money making opportunity comes along that's hard to pass up, all while we can enhance the squa, then we should take it.

You keep your best, sell your worst, snap anyone's hands off if they offer a crazy price on someone who can be replaced, all while keeping players you would have trouble replacing because it would cost more than its worth.

Ming's for 60 mill though, I bet the names that would come up on here as replacement would come thick and fast from you guys, where as you try do that for Grealish and it's impossible. Those players like Grealish Villa are now needing to find, I don't mean exactly like Jack, I mean what they're worth to a club, the irriplaceable ones that make things happen and don't drop the ball all to often. We need to get like the big boys in terms of signings because we have Jack who we should never sell and can't afford but the bigger boys have many in that category and those are the signing who make things happen on the field.

Come Summer I'd rather us spend big on two to three players who can hang comfortabley on the pitch with our lad Jack, he deserves the right support and holding onto Ghazi, Trezegeut, Davis and Barkley would be a massive mistake. We should go out there and spend big on players, 40 mill an up for ace in the hold players, it will make Grealish's job more easy and enjoyable. Our lone acts up front need better servicing so makes sense to buy two new Wingers at least along with an attacking midfielder. Part our problem since Covid had hold of the club has been finding goals, where service has been shocking and we've again looked like a team that can't play without Grealish. You look at it and we are not far away from struggling for a season next season if we don't rectify the obvious which is grabbing goals, can't score you don't stay up.

So please bring some world class players in to play around Watkins and Grealish and Watkins and Grealish will be much happier and feel much more confident and fed to the point they feel they are having Sunday dinners every game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Van De Beek

3 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I would like to see:

Van De Beek £35 mill

So they buy him for £35 million. He has completely flopped. And now you're offering the same price? Where the hell did you learn business??

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Sosa would cost several times that but I agree, Olise is supposed to have an 8 million release.

Fair point re Sosa - standard £20 mill

van de beek might be wishful thinking but with Barkley out the door it feels like a good fit - tall, great passing and defensive qualities too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So they buy him for £35 million. He has completely flopped. And now you're offering the same price? Where the hell did you learn business??

I’m not sure if he flopped - looked decent on the pitch, just other at Man U ahead of him.

Regardless, was just being conservative - consider that figure the max you would pay for him

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Seen that about olise before but with all the hype around him for that cheap I can't see why no one has taken the chance already 

There's about 12 PL clubs that he could sign for and definitely the top championship teams too, doesnt make sense that they all sit a wait until the summer before fighting over him

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think he's flopped, I think he's a Woodward signing that ole doesn't want and is making a statement to that effect 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Would seem mad if we scouted a koln LB and didn't come away wanting katterbach

19 years old, won player of the year for his age group at both 17 and 19, plays a fair bit for them so probably more than we are willing to pay for a back up and he'd want to be 1st choice 

If they go down, he might be cheaper though. On the first choice issue, there is a LB here and it's his job to dislodge him.

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Watkins is decent. Martinez is in with a shout for best keeper in the world. They are a different class. 

I like Martinez. Think he's great. But he's also in the form of his life. There's very little between them in terms of reputation. Watkins only need another 20 goal season and the CL clubs will be sniffing around. He'll get an England call-up sooner rather than later. Martinez only needs a few poor matches and people will be calling for Heaton. He's not first choice for Argentina either.

Very comperable.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Put it like this 60 mill for Ming's and 150 mil for Grealish and you can see the difference and what could happen. We could easy find suitable CBs for a replacement on Ming's who could do just as good a job as him. You would even have spare change from the sale, but no way could you do that on a Jack sale, we just couldn't find a single replacement without adding cash and most likely triple spending what we sold Grealish for.

Thing is Villa are a business and if suitable replacements are up for grabs and a money making opportunity comes along that's hard to pass up, all while we can enhance the squa, then we should take it.

You keep your best, sell your worst, snap anyone's hands off if they offer a crazy price on someone who can be replaced, all while keeping players you would have trouble replacing because it would cost more than its worth.

Ming's for 60 mill though, I bet the names that would come up on here as replacement would come thick and fast from you guys, where as you try do that for Grealish and it's impossible. Those players like Grealish Villa are now needing to find, I don't mean exactly like Jack, I mean what they're worth to a club, the irriplaceable ones that make things happen and don't drop the ball all to often. We need to get like the big boys in terms of signings because we have Jack who we should never sell and can't afford but the bigger boys have many in that category and those are the signing who make things happen on the field.

Come Summer I'd rather us spend big on two to three players who can hang comfortabley on the pitch with our lad Jack, he deserves the right support and holding onto Ghazi, Trezegeut, Davis and Barkley would be a massive mistake. We should go out there and spend big on players, 40 mill an up for ace in the hold players, it will make Grealish's job more easy and enjoyable. Our lone acts up front need better servicing so makes sense to buy two new Wingers at least along with an attacking midfielder. Part our problem since Covid had hold of the club has been finding goals, where service has been shocking and we've again looked like a team that can't play without Grealish. You look at it and we are not far away from struggling for a season next season if we don't rectify the obvious which is grabbing goals, can't score you don't stay up.

So please bring some world class players in to play around Watkins and Grealish and Watkins and Grealish will be much happier and feel much more confident and fed to the point they feel they are having Sunday dinners every game.

I didn’t mention Grealish, there’s no point to it with Grealish as even if we could find as productive a player, which we could, he wouldn’t want to come here. You would have to reproduce him throughout several players.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A lot of people thought Utd got him cheap I’d be surprised if he left for a lot less than they paid for him.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Seen that about olise before but with all the hype around him for that cheap I can't see why no one has taken the chance already 

There's about 12 PL clubs that he could sign for and definitely the top championship teams too, doesnt make sense that they all sit a wait until the summer before fighting over him

I guess we will see in 2 months 

Just now, paul514 said:

A lot of people thought Utd got him cheap I’d be surprised if he left for a lot less than they paid for him.

I'm with you on this.

I'd take him tomorrow instead of Barkley - similar pricing and wages I believe - and I haven't even seen that much of him BUT I have seen Barkley over the last couple of months!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

If they go down, he might be cheaper though. On the first choice issue, there is a LB here and it's his job to dislodge him.

I keep seeing people say that we shouldn’t be buying good full backs because we have two and it’s a waste of money.

baffling

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm with you on this.

I'd take him tomorrow instead of Barkley - similar pricing and wages I believe - and I haven't even seen that much of him BUT I have seen Barkley over the last couple of months!

Can you let us know where Barkley is? All I can see is a statue of him on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I keep seeing people say that we shouldn’t be buying good full backs because we have two and it’s a waste of money.

baffling

Full backs make top teams these days. Whether it's tucking in to add an extra man in the DM line or bombing forward to provide width, they are one of the most important players on the pitch.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Full backs make top teams these days. Whether it's tucking in to add an extra man in the DM line or bombing forward to provide width, they are one of the most important players on the pitch.

Agreed.  And you want 22 top players i.e. 2 for every position.

I think the challenge with a full back - and its a bit like a goal keeper or a no.9 to an extent - is that only one can play (on each side) at any one time so when you have two that have been very good and very robust - as Targett and Cash have - it can be hard to bring in real quality (especially when you are not in Europe with rotating ability) as they will see a potentially long spell on the bench.

I don't think we are at a level where we go out and buy better than Cash and Targett, as yet, so the challenge is finding someone with potential to grow who is happy to come into a big club and start as second choice.  

Because I sadly have no life and lockdown boredom I spent most of last night researching VFB Stuggart, reading forums and watching highlights.

Upshot is IMO we should target both Sosa & Saša Kalajdžić and they hopefully be on our radar this summer! Both are exactly what we need, right age and fees with room to grow. Need to act before the elite clubs start circling. Sosa has loosely been linked with Bayern & Kalajdžić juve - albeit on clickbait sites.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/borna-sosa-reminds-me-of-david-beckham-vfb-stuttgart-s-sven-mislintat-15043

"He puts in crosses from every angle: sometimes chipped, sometimes drilled, sometimes flat, sometimes in behind, sometimes to the front post, other times to the back post. His left foot is a real weapon."

In 2021 alone, Sosa has weighed in with seven assists to take his season total to eight. In the seven games in which the 23-year-old has laid on a goal, Stuttgartare unbeaten, while four of his pin-point deliveries have furnished 6'6" striker Sasa Kalajdzic.

"Our Balkan connection is working out well," commented Kalajdzic, the Austria international of Serbian descent, and now Stuttgart's 12-goal top scorer in 2020/21.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like Martinez. Think he's great. But he's also in the form of his life.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Martinez only needs a few poor matches and people will be calling for Heaton.

How do we know he’s in the form of his life?  Maybe this is just normal for him.  

He played like this for Arsenal for significant time when Leno went down in the league, European games and winning the FA Cup and for 2/3rds of this season for us.

No idea why he wasn’t picked up before that, why he didn’t play as many games on loan for lower teams or how he performed.  

Anyway my point is that for over a season now, across two seasons, for two teams, his form has been the same which is a long time....at what point does form become just normal, just his quality now he’s an established keeper?  This looks longer than form.

• Like 1