Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I understand he is so frustrated but this is just unprofessional. Shut up and work hard. And apply the same standards to the manager. 

This club has taken a big step back to the bad old days of internal dissent and gossip. Purslow needs to stamp it out immediately. Nobody, the manager or players should be saying things in public like Sanson & Gerrard did this weekend. 

Correct. Purslow needs to act as appropriate for his position and get this shit resolved 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

These Amazon style documentaries should be made available for every PL club's season ticket holders.

You're paying that much, you should be entitled to see at least snippets of what's going on behind the scenes.

We might have some insight into what's going on with Morgan.

Shame the meet the manager Q&As/fan forums have died out in last decade, O'Neill did a couple in his first season and think Lambert did one when he first turned up. Good chance of PR and explaining some of the selection issues and Sanson question would obviously come up if media aren't asking it.

• Like 1

Outside of declaring himself 100% fit and ready to go I am failing to see what he has done wrong. If we take it at face value that he is telling the truth then Gerrard and the club are lying. 

I’m not sure what he has done that’s so unprofessional? He’s kept quiet since he has been here and gotten nowhere being polite. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Outside of declaring himself 100% fit and ready to go I am failing to see what he has done wrong. If we take it at face value that he is telling the truth then Gerrard and the club are lying. 

I’m not sure what he has done that’s so unprofessional? He’s kept quiet since he has been here and gotten nowhere being polite. 

It's the timing of the post and the wink emoji that is the problem.

Regardless of anything else he is an employee of the club, who pay his wages, and he is not doing us a favour by signing for us. He gets something in return, something that very few people are fortunate to have.

And as for being polite getting him nowhere, it doesn't mean he should start posting cryptic and potentially negative comments on social media that can be construed as undermining the manager.

If I feel like I should be rewarded for doing something good at work, but it doesn't happen, I don't jump on LinkedIn and start posting stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Regardless of anything else he is an employee of the club, who pay his wages, and he is not doing us a favour by signing for us. He gets something in return, something that very few people are fortunate to have.

And as for being polite getting him nowhere, it doesn't mean he should start posting cryptic and potentially negative comments on social media that can be construed as undermining the manager.

If I feel like I should be rewarded for doing something good at work, but it doesn't happen, I don't jump on LinkedIn and start posting stuff.

He hasn’t slated anyone, he hasn’t said anything personal and as far as I can see, he hasn’t said anything that isn’t true. He’s just stated he is fit to play. If he is stating facts then he hasn’t done anything wrong.

It seems to me that along with a few other players, they are being lied about and made to look like idiots in pressers by an unprofessional manager.

Edited by Ingram85

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think this post along with some of his questionable reactions on and off the pitch might be painting a picture of his character.  Seems like a player that needs to move on asap.

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would you be annoyed if one of your work colleagues who doesn’t work as hard as you kept getting picked for ahead of you for employee of the month because he’s the bosses mate?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would you be annoyed if one of your work colleagues who doesn’t work as hard as you kept getting picked for ahead of you for employee of the month because he’s the bosses mate?

Not if I was getting paid the same or more ;) but on a serious note, if I did get annoyed the last thing I would do is publicly post about it on LinkedIn.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not if I was getting paid the same or more ;) but on a serious note, if I did get annoyed the last thing I would do is publicly post about it on LinkedIn.

But do you have loads of fans wondering why you're not getting the praise you deserve and asking you about it?

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this post along with some of his questionable reactions on and off the pitch might be painting a picture of his character.  Seems like a player that needs to move on asap.

Wow he's gotten pissed off twice. At least he's passionate. There's a difference between someone who tries hard and gets pissed off and someone who is lazy and then gets pissed off. I'll have time for the former not the latter. And Sanson is a workhorse on the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The only one I can remember was him booting the bottle after his mistake against...United was it? And of course the Insta post...in which he was just giving info.

He also got annoyed vs arsenal in 20/21 season because he didn't come on. 

As far as i can tell (although admittedly we haven't seen too much of him in a villa shirt), he seems to be exactly the passionate, driven, maybe even angry player that our vanilla midfield needs.

Also from what little we've seen he's the best ball carrying midfielder we have in the squad.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But players do have certain bonuses that are triggered when they reach certain milestones. Sanson has every right to be annoyed with not being picked week in week out.

Â