Points over next 5 PL games? (poll)

MaVilla

How many points will Villa get in the next 5 PL games?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Villa get in the next 5 PL games?

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13-15

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/01/21 at 23:59

We have a busy period coming up between Wed 20th Jan and Tue 2nd Feb, with games against:

Man City (A) - 20th Jan

Newcastle (H) - 23rd Jan

Burnley (A) - 27th Jan

Southampton (A) - 30th Jan

West Ham (H) - 2nd Feb

How many points do you think we will get over those 5 games?, for reference, we need 8 or 9 points from these games to maintain "top 6" - ish form (ie: 1.7 PPG avg.)

Over the first 15 games of the season we are on a PPG average of 1.73.

Last season we picked up 7 points from these fixtures:  Man City (A) - Loss, Newcastle (H) - Win, Burnley (A) - Win, Southampton (A) - Loss, West Ham (H) - Draw.

Apart from the Man City game, we should be in with a good chance of winning the rest. Sadly doesnt always work out like that. So think 3 wins and 1 draw - 10 points.

We'll definitely be wanting revenge against West Ham and Saints, who's bubble seems to have burst and dont look like scoring with Ings out

It all depends on what condition the players are in, if we’re alright and show no after effects of Covid then I’m confident the rest will have done us good and we’ll get back to form. I’d say a minimum of 7 points but 12 is attainable. 

I’ve gone for 4-6. 

my rationale is that we don’t really know the effect of the COVID outbreak on the players (physically or even mentally). Despite  the Man Utd result, we were flying and this has really interrupted the feel good factor, hopefully it hasn’t affected them to much. It might also take a game or two to get back up to full match fitness as I’m sure they have probably lost some condition ‘ sharpness training in their gardens. A real shame our first game back isn’t a slightly easier assignment as a bad result at city could compound things. 

‘All that being said, we’ve been playing brilliant football so I really hope they make a fool out of me and my conservative prediction. 

edit for spelling 

Edited by Sgl

Cit£h - lose

Barcodes - win

Burnley - win

Southampton - draw

Spam - win

10 points.

Of course COVID could affect us but these are fit men and our squad is young, Fulham had to call off their game with Spurs because of COVID and they don't look like they've been massively affected given their performance against Spurs and yesterday where they still only narrowly lost despite being down to 10 for over half the match.

The first game is of course the toughest and the oil barons always seem to batter us, it would be nice to take something or even just a narrow defeat, hopefully we give them a decent game. But Newcastle and Burnley are both games we should be winning, Southampton I think are a tad overrated but do have a good manager and press well, we are certainly capable of drawing there, and we should beat W'Ham at home despite where they are in the table as quite frankly they are not very good and were ultra fortunate to beat us at their place.

I'd be happy with 10+, be ok with 7-9 but anything less is disappointing really. 

Â