Emiliano Martínez

hippo

51 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I honestly think that Freidel was overrated. He was terrible at commanding his area and was totally reliant on his big centre halves when defending free kicks into the box. His strength was that he made few obvious mistakes but he couldn’t do half of what Emi can. Certainly one of our better ones but not in Emi’s class in my view.

He was overrated. Sorensen was arguably better but weaker defence in front of him. 

• Like 1

Can't find the post on some Villa FB group but guy said he lives in BA with Argie partner and they interviewed the players who they thanked and was God, family etc and apparently Emi said his club in UK for giving him the opportunity

• Like 1

Because Emery left him out of the team at Arsenal I've wondered if he might have made an apology to him or tried to patch things up somehow... and if there's a rift between them and if Emi wants to leave Villa asap, e.g. in January, because of it. :s

I don't even know why we entertain the idea of selling certain players.

We really need to stop speculating about it or giving the media the attention they're after. It's almost like our fans (especially on social media) are trying to materialise it into happening.

In many ways, they're doing his agent's job for him. If you don't give a flame oxygen, it goes out.

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Emi is leaving and we're signing Joao Felix because internet said so. JFC 

We wont be signing Feliz and Emi won't be going anywhere, anytime soon.

Won't stop the rubbish speculation being circulated as fact though.

4 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

We really need to stop speculating about it or giving the media the attention they're after. It's almost like our fans (especially on social media) are trying to materialise it into happening.

In many ways, they're doing his agent's job for him. If you don't give a flame oxygen, it goes out.

It's like doomsday preppers in their bunkers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Yes, it's not like we've lost players before to bigger, better clubs: Grealish, Delph, Benteke, Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, Yorke, Bosnich.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Yes, it's not like we've lost players before to bigger, better clubs: Grealish, Delph, Benteke, Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, Yorke, Bosnich.

Yeah, and this is the mentality we need to snap out of. You can't join the elite if you don't think/act like the elite.

This goes for both the fans and the club itself.

3 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Yeah, and this is the mentality we need to snap out of. You can't join the elite if you don't think/act like the elite.

This goes for both the fans and the club itself.

Even the "elite" lose players to bigger clubs, there is a hierarchy no matter how big your club is.  United lost Ronaldo to Real Madrid, Liverpool lost Coutinho to Barcelona, Arsenal lost half a squad to Man City over the years. 

I want Emi to stay, but if someone comes in for him, and meets our valuation then Emi will go.  

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's the same for any club outside the big 6 bubble. One of the articles straight after the final on the bbc was will McAllister stay at Brighton. It's the usual nonsense.

Brighton are the flavour of the month and the Beeb don’t like us. They don’t know anything. 

Â