Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He may have been a bit arrogant in the past, but does he cheat?

Obviously. There isn't a successful footballer or manager who wouldn't 'cheat' the game in order to win. Your own manager is a master at it, as you've already seen. As was your hero Jack Grealish.

As is with absolute 100% iron clad certainty, Louis van Gaal. 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Argentina conceded the least amount of goals in the group stages, he then saves 2 pens in the next game. I would say he's 

6 teams conceded fewer goals than Argentina in the group stage and Morocco, Croatia, Netherlands and Brazil have conceded fewer than them still

Edited by Zatman

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wow, time really has washed Louis van Gaal's image.

What has he done wrong? He is a bit arrogant but has never done anything really wrong in the game and arguably an honourable man for his dedication to playing youth players whatever club he was at

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Really? Who's dropping below us for us to get top four that soon?

I think we have the manager and the budget to make a realistic push for those spots starting from next season. Outside chance obviously, but at the very least the Europe League is attainable.

We'll see. I don't mind if we lose him for a massive fee, but he might give us a couple more seasons before that happens.

Just now, Zatman said:

What has he done wrong? He is a bit arrogant but has never done anything really wrong in the game and arguably an honourable man for his dedication to playing youth players whatever club he was at

The Van Gaal hate is massively out of order. Think his comments about Messi have been taken completely out of context, and basically it all boils down to Riquelme and di Maria hating him when he was their coach.

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

"He's a bit arrogant" is the understatement of the century. 

I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed his antics over the years, and pragmatic way his teams play. That's really not the point I'm trying to make here. 

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Obviously. There isn't a successful footballer or manager who wouldn't 'cheat' the game in order to win. Your own manager is a master at it, as you've already seen. As was your hero Jack Grealish.

As is with absolute 100% iron clad certainty, Louis van Gaal. 

Emery is a master of cheating? How exactly?

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The Van Gaal hate is massively out of order. Think his comments about Messi have been taken completely out of context, and basically it all boils down to Riquelme and di Maria hating him when he was their coach.

There is also the anti Barcelona agenda towards Van Gaal which is shocking considering he gave debuts to his mates Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Victor Valdes when the club probably would have sold them

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Emery is a master of cheating? How exactly?

I don't want to get into a circular debate about what constitutes cheating, but I can tell you for sure that time wasting is against the laws of the game. As is diving, tripping and shirt pulling, among the many of other times players and managers you *do* like break the rules. 

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't want to get into a circular debate about what constitutes cheating, but I can tell you for sure that time wasting is against the laws of the game. As is diving, tripping and shirt pulling, among the many of other times players and managers you *do* like break the rules. 

Game management is such a standard part of a top coach's repertoire that it's hard to single anyone out. Time wasting isn't always cheating - it can mean safe passing patterns, sitting deep, launching the ball into touch, holding the ball up in the corner, etc. None of that is cheating.

If the referee handles the game properly, "cheating" always has a cost anyway, so you could argue it's all within the confines of the rules. We get most annoyed with cheating when referees don't book a player for a cynical foul or don't clamp down on shithousing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Game management is such a standard part of a top coach's repertoire that it's hard to single anyone out. Time wasting isn't always cheating - it can mean safe passing patterns, sitting deep, launching the ball into touch, holding the ball up in the corner, etc. None of that is cheating.

If the referee handles the game properly, "cheating" always has a cost anyway, so you could argue it's all within the confines of the rules. We get most annoyed with cheating when referees don't book a player for a cynical foul or don't clamp down on shithousing.

Sure, you can mention lots of different aspects of time wasting that aren't cheating, but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. Even if they don't want to admit it. 

Being hypocritical about your own team and players is fine, it's all part of the game. I love it when my team do it and win, and I choose to begrudgingly respect the opposition when they do it. It's personal choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What if England get to the final and it's against Argentina? Imagine a penalty shootout against our keeper? That's a real conflict of interest for me. 

In that case I would hope he has a mare tbh. Love him, and don't care much for international football, but I want England to win.

• Like 1

Â