The AVFC FFP thread

Presume we could submit to PL, but not publish them. Wouldn't be much point though as we basically couldn't touch them again having already sent to PL.

Edited by Tomaszk

On 01/03/2024 at 09:36, Tomaszk said:

Presume we could submit to PL, but not publish them. Wouldn't be much point though as we basically couldn't touch them again having already sent to PL.

Some numbers are out in public domain already and they don't make for a good reading.

Latest Uefa club financial report has us posting £118m loss for last season and our wages up to £191m which is 92% of £214m revenue  (wages alone, without amortisation!). We can add profit on player sales to that £214m but it won't be huge amount for last season.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

With clubs starting to announce their accounts expect this thread to be lively next week. 

I'm going to say "There is no such thing as FFP decisions" every 5 posts.

Can't wait.

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2024 at 12:01, RichW said:

With clubs starting to announce their accounts expect this thread to be lively next week. 

Quiet before the storm...still a lot of people here burying their heads in the sand.

• Like 2

OK guys excuse my ignorance regarding this I don't understand FFP that well. My first question is what's the outcome if we fail and haven't shifted any players,10point deduction similar to Everton original penalty.

Second question, what can be done to the club, would we be forced into selling players or simply banned from transfers for a certain period aswell or instead of points penalty.

My view is this Villa have very sellable assets which I like all of you don't want to lose but if someone or some persons have to go how many do we shift. Villa is moving forward nicely it's typical ffp potentially interrupts our trajectory. I understand rules are rules but still a shame.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Quiet before the storm...still a lot of people here burying their heads in the sand.

Or, there's lots of people waiting to see what the actual figures are rather than worrying about something based on half truths, guesses and estimates.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, picicata said:

Or, there's lots of people waiting to see what the actual figures are rather than worrying about something based on half truths, guesses and estimates.

I would argue that there's enough officially released information out there already to draw conclusions (Google latest uefa report about clubs finances).

Either way, we will find out all the details soon, last year the accounts were published on the 3rd of March funnily enough, so it won't be much longer.

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Either way, we will find out all the details soon, last year the accounts were published on the 3rd of March funnily enough, so it won't be much longer.

It will. We've moved our accounting date to 30th June.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It will. We've moved our accounting date to 30th June.

I don't think that makes any difference to last seasons accounts that we are waiting for.

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think that makes any difference to last seasons accounts that we are waiting for.

Ah, good point - I'd read that as not reporting until June, but I guess it might be that we report 2022-23 in the next couple of weeks then begin a reporting period for 2023-24 that runs to June.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I predict we’re a little bit f***** 

Don't think we'll be **** as such, but I doubt we will be spending much this summer without first bringing in monies 

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I predict we’re a little bit f***** 

We are not ****, we've been in situation for many years now. Basically our wages and amortisation are too high for the revenue we generate. 

You fill the gap by selling stuff for big profit. We kept being complaint in the championship by selling the stadium and in last few years by selling grealish. We will stay complaint by selling somebody else. Nothing new really.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I think the plan last summer was for Digne and Carlos to leave but injuries to Mings and Moreno put paid to that.

Going to be tough to shift Carlos I’d say. Maybe to the Middle East? Brazilian players seem to chase money but doubt we’d get much of a fee for him.

Digne still has value because he’s a very good player. 

Â