Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why?

It's amazing for me. Especially when we're good. Being able to watch Villa games and cheer your team on for two reasons is great and not feel conflicted if they score.

Not to mention that Martinez, Grealish and Targett are 3 of the best players in the game at the moment

I started the season with no Villa and obviously we had a good start but me being pessimistic I was thinking we can't keep this up. Well we have kept it up and I've just gone the whole thing without bringing any of them in. So now it's just I don't want to bring them in incase we shit the bed ourselves.

It's absolutely ridiculous I know.  

• Like 1

Martinez is on course to break the record for highest scoring keeper ever in FPL, and at his current rate he'd be the first keeper to ever get over 200 points. So you might want to reconsider :D 

• Like 2

Being the super pro that I am, I’ve had Martinez and Grealish in from GW1 💪🏻

Also being the super pro that I am, I forgot to change my team ahead of this last game week and still had Kane as captain with (inexplicably) Bruno as vice captain. Alongside a few others that didn’t play. When I finally realised I’d just missed the cut off by five minutes 👎🏻

Still scored 54 points, but I’m dropping down the leagues regularly now. 

• Like 1

Waited too long before GW21 to swap Creswell to Cancelo, Cancelo rose and I got priced out but then fomo meant I decided last minute to spend 4 points to do the same transfer I should've done for free.

Cancelo then gets pepped while Creswell gets and assist vs LIV. Creswell then rises again today meaning I could've cashed in an extra 0.1.

If I'd done the transfer earlier I'd be 0.1 and 4 points better off. If I'd done it later I'd be 0.1 and 6 points better off. I managed to thread the eye of the needle to get the worst possible result.

Stonks.

• Haha 2

I’ve actually found that making moves to beat the price rises or drops hasn’t worked for me. I tend to get suckered into shipping out a falling asset (Wilson) and bringing in someone who is often a bit of a gamble (DCL/Digne), when holding and waiting would have actually served me better.

I think the good old strategy of waiting to make your transfers a few hours before the deadline is generally better.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve actually found that making moves to beat the price rises or drops hasn’t worked for me. I tend to get suckered into shipping out a falling asset (Wilson) and bringing in someone who is often a bit of a gamble (DCL/Digne), when holding and waiting would have actually served me better.

I think the good old strategy of waiting to make your transfers a few hours before the deadline is generally better.

22 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

90% of the time I agree, the exceptions being when a 0.1 difference will price you out of the move you want to make.

I make early moves to capitalise on price moves early in the season as I think it tends to matter a lot more then. Because everything is in 0.5 increments to start with, a 0.1 rise or fall can completely price you out of a whole category of player.

I get a pretty big team value as a result. I usually aim for 105m by Jan 1st which I just scraped this season.

I put zero importance in squad value. It'll happen if I'm doing well anyway. Half the time I've a fortune sitting in the bank. I no longer see 0.0 ITB as the target I used to. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

I put zero importance in squad value. It'll happen if I'm doing well anyway. Half the time I've a fortune sitting in the bank. I no longer see 0.0 ITB as the target I used to. 

Pretty much agree but I put a tiny amount of importance in it, I'd say every extra 0.1 at half way is worth about 2 extra points by the end. That's usable sale value though (your total if you remove all your players on the transfer page) rather than regular team Value.

Every time I try and make moves for the sake of team value it is at the expense of my overall rank at the end. This season is going quite well but I haven't even touched 104m TV yet. Last season I never broke 105m at all I don't think.

34 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This GW has a few tricky games to call. I’ve gone back and forth a few times choosing between Villa & West Ham players, and Leeds & Everton players. 

West Ham are seriously outkicking their coverage so far I reckon. We'll do em.

Leeds and Everton are two of the most up and down teams this season, could be any score. I only have Bamford from either though.

• Like 1

This week was definitely a case in point as to why I hate having a properly good bench (as in more than just playing fodder). I'm as likely to miss a haul now this week as get one.  My choice was bench one of Watkins or Bamford AND one of Holding or Cresswell.  I had Watkins and Cresswell on the bench before completely flipping it with 15 minutes to go and dropping Bamford and Holding.  Absolute **** coin toss.

39 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Seems like a good choice so far.

Yep and what's more pleasing is that my reasoning was correct. I figured Wolves were due a goal. They could have had a hatful.