Huge explosion in Beirut

NurembergVillan

Just now, Awol said:

Basically the same effect as a tactical nuke, in a country that was already barely functioning and on its knees economically. Sadly in Covid world I’m not sure where the massive help required to rebuild will come from. 

The most important shipping port in the country that has been completely destroyed and their only land borders are Syria and Israel so not much being delivered that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The most important shipping port in the country that has been completely destroyed and their only land borders are Syria and Israel so not much being delivered that way. 

Not the same as rebuilding, but helpful for now. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not the same as rebuilding, but helpful for now. 

Two days ago they were threatening to bomb Lebanon. They can put this fake "humanitarian compassion" up their ass. We're not forgetting Palestine with Gaza and the West Bank.

1 minute ago, momo said:

Two days ago they were threatening to bomb Lebanon. They can put this fake "humanitarian compassion" up their ass. We're not forgetting Palestine with Gaza and the West Bank.

Who is ‘we’? Not sure you’re in a position to decline humanitarian aid on behalf of Lebanon, are you? 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Who is ‘we’? Not sure you’re in a position to decline humanitarian aid on behalf of Lebanon, are you? 

We're not forgetting Palestine with Gaza and the West Bank. You can read, right? Your shit country kills, starves, bombs and annexes Palestinian land. This PR shit shouldn't be posted here.

• Confused 1

Just now, momo said:

We're not forgetting Palestine with Gaza and the West Bank. You can read, right? Your shit country kills, starves, bombs and annexes Palestinian land. This PR shit shouldn't be posted here.

Haha. Clearly you’re quite upset that Israel is offering to help Lebanon, despite the fact it’s just suffered a major disaster. However... I’m Brummie not Israeli, and the ‘PR’ is on Al Arabiya - also not my responsibility. Again, who is the ‘we’ you speak for? 

The second video shows the shockwave moving through clouds 20k away.

This is an obscenely powerful explosion. The ammonium nitrate makes sense - it creates extremely slow but powerful explosions like this, with enormous shockwaves. Which is why it's been so destructive - the huge force is moving slowly (for an explosion) so more of that pressure is exerted onto anything in its way for longer.

If you were anywhere near this, and near it's a pretty relative term, you are almost certainly dead.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The second video shows the shockwave moving through clouds 20k away.

This is an obscenely powerful explosion. The ammonium nitrate makes sense - it creates extremely slow but powerful explosions like this, with enormous shockwaves. Which is why it's been so destructive - the huge force is moving slowly (for an explosion) so more of that pressure is exerted onto anything in its way for longer.

If you were anywhere near this, and near it's a pretty relative term, you are almost certainly dead.

**** me. The second video made me jump at the end. Crazy.

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

Haha. Clearly you’re quite upset that Israel is offering to help Lebanon, despite the fact it’s just suffered a major disaster. However... I’m Brummie not Israeli, and the ‘PR’ is on Al Arabiya - also not my responsibility. Again, who is the ‘we’ you speak for? 

Stop making everything about your shit murderous country that only two days ago threatened to bomb Lebanon. That means killing thousands of people, like they always do. This bomb did it for them, and now they spin their PR machine... like they relly care...

16 minutes ago, momo said:

Stop making everything about your shit murderous country that only two days ago threatened to bomb Lebanon. That means killing thousands of people, like they always do. This bomb did it for them, and now they spin their PR machine... like they relly care...

I'm replying to you here partly as myself and partly as a Moderator.

If you have an educated viewpoint on this incident, now would be a great time to share that. Quotes and links containing these threats, the reasons for them... Help me understand.

Don't just shoot from the hip at the first poster to share a tweet outlining Israel's apparent response. Particularly if you're doing to dress it up as a bizarre and unfounded take on their posts.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I'm replying to you here partly as myself and partly as a Moderator.

If you have an educated viewpoint on this incident, now would be a great time to share that. Quotes and links containing these threats, the reasons for them... Help me understand.

Don't just shoot from the hip at the first poster to share a tweet outlining Israel's apparent response. Particularly if you're doing to dress it up as a bizarre and unfounded take on their posts.

I don't want to make this thread about that country. This is about Lebanon and the tragic incident. I don't have patience for propaganda. You guys can use google. Read the replies to this propaganda if you know what Lebanese make out of this.

Â