Academy General Topic

smetrov

We haven't been great to be honest, should be doing much better than this against this level of opposition, lacking composure and passing needs to improve. And now Burton take lead, was always a danger of them doing that the way we were playing, need to get a hold of the game.

• Like 1

This is really poor, Burton now comfortably the better team, even allowing for the fact we've got half our better U18s missing, we should be doing so much better than this. At this point just hoping we can fluke a goal, which shouldn't the case, but we don't look like creating anything

Was a game we would have been expected to win comfortably, to lose to them and for them to be the better team whilst doing so and it being them that beat us comfortably not the other way around, is very poor, it's an upset, but I'm not even sure you can call it that, as it wasn't typical of a cup upset game, they were just the better team, and we weren't very good at all, lack of composure, too many players trying to do too much by themself and not play as a team, poor finall ball, too many long balls, I'm guessing that we're a lot better than we showed today, but maybe on some level they thought the game was already won before it began and got caught short.

I guess they will learn from it, the coaches too, we were without Proctor, Triston Rowe, Travis Patterson, Kadan Young, Omari Kellyman, and Ben Broggio, I don't know if Rowe is injured or if we decided to not play him as we thought we didn't need him, but if the latter it was a big mistake, as he probably would have made a difference, it's annoying because we never seem to be able to put out our best starting eleven

On the the plus side I was very impressed with Jimoh, the way he plays is almost like like a cross between Iroegbunam and Chukwumeka, was also impressed with Borland as I was with him for the U21s last week

Playing Crystal Palace away 11am kick-off

Sam Lewis, Thierry Katsukunya, TJ Carroll, Calum Moreland, Luka Lynch, Jamal Jimoh, I-llani Edwards, Charlie Pavey, Trai'varn Mulley, Cole Brannigan, Rory Wilson

Rhys Oakley, Nile Timson, Jack McDowell, Abube Onuchukwu, George Hemmings

Palace usually good at this level, will probably be a tough game

• Like 1

Back to 2-2 but down to nine players, Palace have also had a player sent off

Burton result was bad, but losing a game like this is normal, and form will probably take a bit of a dip from hereon as hopefully more players get moved up to the U21s

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Academy started back this week but fixtures not up and running yet so in house fixtures at BMH 2mo for some age groups. Pre Academy hosted Burnley at Brookvale today .

• Like 1

Just watched a replay our U15s losing 2-0 to Vitoria in the Egypt Cup, I think they were there over the weekend, Vitoria looked the better side as a team to be fair, and came very close to scoring a few more, were unlucky not to.

Farid Addey played in central defence, not sure if that's his new position now, he used to play midfield I think, maybe he plays both, he looked better on the ball, passiing and close control than the more defensive side of the game, we signd him from Coventry, I think he's highly rated as was playing a couple of ages up for our U14s that won the Albert Phelan South, and recently got England U15 call-up

Didn't know any of the other players except for Freddie Lawrie and looks like Jahmi Kellyman was there, but he didn't play in that game, the other defender next to Addey looked very good on the ball as well, to be fair you could see that they were all good players, Vitoria just played better as a team on the day.

They also lost to Pyramids FC 3-2, I haven't watched that one yet, but it's also on ZED FC's facebook

Edit: They must have played Vitoria twice as they also drew 1-1 with them

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â