Academy General Topic

smetrov

13 hours ago, useless said:

Another signing for the U15s, Omari's younger brother confirmed from Derby

What a fantastic name though. Sounds like a lucky Mayo man over here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We won our first game 2-0 against Derby

Crystal Palace beat everton 3-1 in the other game in our group, Palace normally very good at this level, they will probably be one of the favorites.

U16 Premier League National Tournament

We  beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in our final group game this morning to win the group and qualify for the knockout stages

That's ten cleansheets in a row for us now in this tournament, seven last season when we won the thing, and three so far this season

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

U16 Premier League National Tournament

We  beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in our final group game this morning to win the group and qualify for the knockout stages

That's ten cleansheets in a row for us now in this tournament, seven last season when we won the thing, and three so far this season

Heard our player called Jack Quirk won player of the day. He looks tall and seems to be wearing a captain's armband, guessing a defender?

I don't think that was official, just one of the academy instagram accounts naming him player of the day. As far as I know he's a central defender and usually captain of the U16s, his sister plays for our U16s on the girls side.

We play Southampton this afternoon in Quarter-Finals, I think they're pretty good, Alejandro Gomes meant to be very highly rated

Lost quarter-final 2-0

Edited by useless

10 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

What happened to that young Jamaican defender we signed? Didn't he have an insane goal record or something for a defender.

Edit: his name was Donhue Mitchell

Looks like he signed for a Belgian lower league club called URSL Vise - dunno. 

Apparently Craig Butler bought the club earlier in the year, and is placing a lot of players from his Jamaican academy there so I guess that's pretty likely.

• Like 1

Â