Academy General Topic

smetrov

U15s beat Forest 2-0 in the Premier League Floodlit Cup last night, this after beating Stoke 7-1 and Wolves 4-1 in the same compettion last month, they top the group but have to play all three again to determine who qualifies for the knockout stage, it's basically that age grouop's main competition as don't play in a league before U18 age as far as I know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

We've been given an away tie against either Burton Albion or Chester-Le-Street in the third round of the FA Youth Cup. Burton v Chester-Le-Street in the second round is this Wednesday coming.

chester-le-street what type of side is that? Sounds like a goals 5 a side team.

Edited by Pongo Waring

U21s today could be a good afternoon out in the bham senior cup, v Atherstone Town ,

u10s/11s in a Tournie in Poland

16s & 18s both host Forest

2mo

u9 / 10s away to Swansea

u13 host Bristol

U14 host Leicester in the Albert Phelan cup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Burton beat Chester-Le-Street 2-0, so we will play them in the third round of the FA Youth Cup, the game has to be played before December 16th. We play Brighton on the 2nd, and then Palace on the 16th, so game should fit in somewhere beteen those two fixtures..

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 2

Charlie Pavey seemingly doing well, getting lots of game time, and three goals and six assists in twelve appearances, made his U18 debut a couple of seasons back as a U15, which I took as a sign we rate him highly as it's usually the top players that come into the 18s that young. I think he's similar to Tommi O'Reilly in that he's got ability, but might be a relatively later developer because of small size.

Will be interesting to see how we manage Cole Ramsey as he's about to turn sixteen, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not far way from some U18 involvement, will be a first year scholar this coming summer, but looks even smaller than even Tommi O'Reilly and Pavey were at similar age.

Burton game has been confirmed for December 13th, 7pm kick-off,

• Like 1

We and a few other clubs apparently had scouts at the last Cheltenham Town FA Youth Cup game, Sopuruchukwu Obieri only fifteen and already made his first team debut, Charlie Caple, and Tom King have had England call-ups, we previously signed Woody Burgess from them, and have a connection with the area in general because of the Gloucester Academy

• Like 2

Â