Academy General Topic

smetrov

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the semi-finals, or final results, but I know we didn't win it, still good effor to qualify from the group as looked the most difficult, I know Palace and Chelsea are usually very strong at this level, and presumably Bayern Munich are decent as well.

Edit: They finished runners up after losing to Arsenal in the final on penalties, a shame but decent effort

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't know the semi-finals, or final results, but I know we didn't win it, still good effort to qualify from the group as looked the most difficult, I know Palace and Chelsea are usually very strong at this level, and presumably Bayern Munich are decent as well.

Edit: They finished runners up after losing to Arsenal in the final on penalties, a shame but decent effort

Great to see we have another strong group coming through.

Our U21 side is now full of our best U18s and they are on a good run.

Our U18s are struggling a little more now picking the less experienced players and some U16s, but they came very close to beating runaway league leaders West Ham before a stoppage time implosion. The talent is clearly there.

We're starting to reliably produce strong sides at each level, great news for the long term future of the club.

4 hours ago, useless said:

I don't know the semi-finals, or final results, but I know we didn't win it, still good effor to qualify from the group as looked the most difficult, I know Palace and Chelsea are usually very strong at this level, and presumably Bayern Munich are decent as well.

Sorry, which 'they' finished runners up? Us? Bayern?

14 hours ago, useless said:

We finished runners up, beat Everton 2-1 in  the semi-final, drew with Arsenal 2-2 in the final, but lost 5-4 on penalties

Thank you - to lose the final on penalties in a competition which is clearly populated with elite sides is really promising I think.

Thanks for the updates!

https://dimoficial.com/comunicado-oficial-john-edwin-montano-a-la-premier-league/

Official statement: John Edwin Montaño to the Premier League
John Edwin Montaño, a player who after his time at @laCanteraDIM has managed to gain his first minutes with the professional team, has received an invitation to spend two weeks with a Premier League team.

El Poderoso continues to work on building and improving relationships with the best clubs and the best leagues in the world, showing the training processes and growth that Deportivo Independiente Medellín has had as a club in high competition and training.

After several months of monitoring the process of our 2006 class winger, John Edwin, he has received an invitation from Aston Villa FC to train for two weeks in Birmingham.

For the People's Team it is an honor to receive this invitation, from a team that today occupies fourth place in the Premier League, the most important league in the world and that is fighting for the Europa League.

It is also a recognition of the good institutional work that the club has been doing.

John Edwin is already in England to begin this experience that will help him grow as a player and as a person.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2024 at 13:33, useless said:

Lennon Moss scored for Wales U15 yesterday in their 2-1 win over Ireland, I think he's a central midfielder

On 21/02/2024 at 22:51, Chine said:

Great player , plays as a 6 in our u14s

Been selected for Wales u16s 

• Thanks 1

Cole Brannigan selected for NI u17s also Kadan Young on standby for Eng u18s

Rory Wilson selected for Sco u19s

Edited by Chine

The others are Proctor, Triston Rowe, JImoh-Aloba, Sousa, Patterson, Kellyman, Iroegbunam, and Rogers.

I'm guessing that Broggio probably would have been in contention for the U18s if not for his injury, hopefully he's back from that soon, as was looking good for our U21s

• Like 1

Today 

u21s at BMH v Leicester 

2mo

16s & u18s away v WBA

sun

9s -11s-13s  BMH v Spurs

10s-12s-14s Away v Spurs

fri-sun - 2012s Portimao ,Portugal

Â