Academy General Topic

smetrov

I've only seen him play an handful of times, but he's looked good the few times I've seen him, actually very good in some of the games, made me wonder why England haven't lookd at him yet, they must have some top wingers in his age group, still plenty of time for him in that regard though, he started playing in the U18s as a U15, and became a regular last season as a U16, so that's an indication that we rate him pretty highly, as is the fact that we've gave him a scholarship contract that turned into a professional deal as soon as he turned seventee, I'm guessing a lot this years first scholars will have similar, Jimoh and Triston Rowe have already turned professional.

• Like 1

Mikey Moore is very highly rated, some say he's the best player in his age group in the county, I've only seen highlights, but looks a top prospect, Spurs managed to keep him in the summer when the rumour was that he was going to Chelsea, it was reported they'd promised him some first team involvement to get him to sign scholarship terms with them.

They will probably be favorites, top of the league at the moment and if they've got players from the U21s they can drop down then that could make them even stronger, they're probably one of the favorites for the whole competition, could have done with an easier draw really, if we can get the likes of Patterson, Young, and Kellyman back by then it would probably be a big help, but not sure if that's possible.

Of course we've got to beat Burton first, which we should do, but upsets do sometimes happen in the FA Youth Cup, so can't take anything for granted.

Watching the preview for tomorrows game against Burton and from the training clips, it looks like we might have signed Nottingham Forest's England U16 midfielder George Hemmings, unless he's got a double in our academy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, useless said:

Watching the preview for tomorrows game against Burton and from the training clips, it looks like we might have signed Nottingham Forest's England U16 midfielder George Hemmings, unless he's got a double in our academy.

Tonight's FA Youth Cup game is live on VillaTV 7pm 

Lewis, McWilliams, Timson, Katsukunya, Fortes, Borland, Jimoh, Pavey, Mulley, Lynch, Wilson

subs McDowell, Moreland, Edwards, Simpson, Carroll, Hemmings, Brannigan

George Hemmings confirmed

Edited by useless

Â