Academy General Topic

smetrov

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I went this evening with Noel but I had to leave a few minutes early to catch my train, on the whole, I thought we were poor with Calder, Green and Sarkic the standout players

Haven't seen much of them but would agree on what I saw of the stream today. Thought Boro's Callum Cooke was easily the most dangerous player on the park, wouldn't mind getting him instead of Jordan Rhodes, but I suspect Boro might have noticed he's a bit good.

• Like 1

FA Youth Cup: Villa Park to host Broxbourne Borough clash

Villa Park will host our FA Youth Cup fifth round clash next month.

We defeated Blackburn Rovers 7-6 on penalties to reach this stage and set up a clash with ninth-tier Broxbourne Borough.

The game will take place on Saturday February 4, with an 11am kick-off.

We boast a good record in the competition, having reached the final in 2010 and the semi-final in 2011.

As well as winning it in 2002, we were also runners-up in 2004.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/17/fa-youth-cup-date-confirmed

• Like 1

On 16 January 2017 at 21:31, srsmithusa said:

watched about 10 minutes.  A few things were puzzling.  When one of those underdeveloped, non-manly physiqued kids in claret and blue had the ball.  Several others were running about toward open green space.  Is that legal?

Not always mind you, but pretty often, it seemed like the one with the ball might have a clue where his mates might run to.

maybe the first team should consider trying those ideas... if they are legal of course.

Definitely not legal I think. From what I've seen, the punishment for this kind of behaviour is giving the ball to the opposition and letting them score.

The U18s lost 2-0 to Fulham yesterday, there's a report on the OS. It says on the OS that u15/u16 Aaron Pressley made his U18s debut. He's a striker who is a Scotland u16 international who we recently signed from Hearts, he is the son of ex Scotland centre back Steven Pressley

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/Norwich_City_3-0_Aston_Villa_(2016-17_Under-18_Premier_League

Norwich City 3-0 Aston Villa (2016-17 Under-18 Premier League)

From YouthHawk

Jump to: navigation, search
28 January 2017 NORWICH U18S 3-0 ASTON VILLA U18S Venue: Colney Training Centre
Attendance:
Referee:
Syme '9
Oddy '67
Kamal '76

NORWICH:

GK 1 Fergal Hale-Brown
  2 Max Aarons
  3 Toby Syme
  4 Emerson Sambu
  5 Timi Odusina
  6 Alfie Payne
  7 Anthony Spyrou
  8 Louis McIntosh >>
  9 Brandon Oddy
  10 Agust Hlynsson
  11 Bilal Kamal
Substitutes:
SB 12 Devonte Aransibia >> McIntosh 'HT
GK 13  
SB 14 Benny Ashley-Seal
SB 15 Glenn Middleton
SB 16  
Manager:
David Wright

ASTON VILLA:

GK 1 Emmanuel Idem
  2 Josh Williams
  3 Louis Hall
  4 Alex Prosser
  5 James Finnerty
  6 Johan Abdoul >>
  7 Mason Birch >>
  8 Jack Clarke
  9 Harvey Knibbs
  10 Louis Rowe >>
  11 Sonny Dullaway
Substitutes:
SB 12 Jack Coates >> Abdoul '60
GK 13 Kieran Boucher
SB 14 Charlie Strech
SB 15 Jacob Ramsey >> Birch '65
SB 16 Kelsey Mooney >> Rowe '75
Manager:
David Hughes

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

There is a report on the OS of the 3-0 loss to Norwich, we had a Dullaway in our team presumably a striker, I've never heard of him, does anyone know anything about him?

Just a reminder that our U18s are playing Broxbourne Borough this Saturday 4th February in The FA Youth Cup 5th round clash at Villa Park with an 11am kick off. I think it's free entry to season ticket holders, no more than £5 to non season ticket holders 

• Like 1

And just to back up SGC on that one, these youth games are fantastic entertainment for next to nothing on a Saturday afternoon, Villa Park looks wonderful and you'll be surprised at how quickly you become invested in players you didn't know existed just because they're in a Villa shirt. 

For a number of these youngsters it might be the first time they've played at Villa Park and a big crowd would be great for them.

It's great value, it's very often great entertainment and there's a fair chance we'll win.

Treat yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

And just to back up SGC on that one, these youth games are fantastic entertainment for next to nothing on a Saturday afternoon, Villa Park looks wonderful and you'll be surprised at how quickly you become invested in players you didn't know existed just because they're in a Villa shirt. 

For a number of these youngsters it might be the first time they've played at Villa Park and a big crowd would be great for them.

It's great value, it's very often great entertainment and there's a fair chance we'll win.

Treat yourself.

Great post but it's an 11am kick off, I agree with every other word though

Â