Wasting money during the pestilence

mottaloo

So......we have a thread for money saving tips and it made me sit back and think of all the stuff i've spunked cash on as some form of retail therapy. The list (since lockdown 24/3) is scary :

Telescopic car washing brush/mitt

Karcher: 1.5 mtr hose.....foam jet nozzle......K3 pressure washer....5 litres of car wash shampoo....garden hose connector set....karcher brush attachment x 2........

Presents for girlfriend i havent seen since lock down - gift set of 9 bath bomb...24 box of lindt mint choc bars.....gift box of assorted fudge.........big cushion of our fave pic on it (ghey, i know)

Food - box of 48 cadbury creme eggs...nestle big 71 box of biscuits......box of 30 wotsits grab bag size packages.....3 boxes of craft real ales

Lawn patch seeds...shower cubicle beading and sealant......microwave rice cooker.......oven cleaner bags......orbital mouse for laptop..shoe shine kit.....3 pack of fancy shower gel.....pck of 10 disposable face masks......pck of 100 gloves like what tattoo artists use....a washable face mask made by a tailor in huddersfield.......4pk of yorkshire biscuit brew tea bags (nice !)......metal firepit & cover (looks the bomb !)..pair of nike trainers......pair of tan brogue shoes..3 larger sized tee shirts to accommodate my WFH eating habits....pair of ralph lauren jogging bottoms (trying to up my game to impress @Xela)

It's my line of thought, that being "I wonder if Amazon sell.....oooh yeah, they do.."click" !

Not included has been the usual tesco food stuff for essential four packs of stella or toilet rolls, i reckon i've spent over £700 to date 😫

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

I’m fighting the urge to buy a new laptop I don’t need as I am concerned what might happen with my job over the next months. News like Rolls Royce getting rid of 9000 people is worrying.

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 1

My wife is taking full advantage of the present corporate goodwill towards my NHS employment.  This week it was 50% off at Kurt Geiger (no relation to HR, I'm told) apparently.   And you know, not once has she bloody clapped me.

34 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

My wife is taking full advantage of the present corporate goodwill towards my NHS employment.  This week it was 50% off at Kurt Geiger (no relation to HR, I'm told) apparently.   And you know, not once has she bloody clapped me.

It will be a summer fan of free gigs for you next year. 

Edited by Seat68

A log splitter
A book about the Comanche tribe
A hat
Two pairs of shoelaces
Some Duke Ellington CDs
An HP Chromebook
Coffee filters
A pair of scissors
A tin whistle 
A mains adapter for a guitar effects pedal 
A soap holder 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've been okay with my money since lockdown, but I've had to stop searching for Villa shirts on ebay. I've had 6 new (old) shirts the last 2 months ranging from £10-70.

I've had a recent fixation with the henson kits of mid 80s in a proper Icelandic retro moment, either the home or yellow away shirt....to the point where i emailed henson themselves who got a bloke in Leeds i think to contact me, but at £65 on his ebay site I've resisted the temptation which I'm so proud about !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I've had a recent fixation with the henson kits of mid 80s in a proper Icelandic retro moment, either the home or yellow away shirt....to the point where i emailed henson themselves who got a bloke in Leeds i think to contact me, but at £65 on his ebay site I've resisted the temptation which I'm so proud about !

I emailed him too! :lol:  Unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet), my size won't be available until after lock down.

• Haha 2

I bought a CD boxset today, (don’t ask but it requires a John Inman gif) It cost 30 quid which is a bargain but I may have implied to my wife that it was a single CD.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I bought a CD boxset today, (don’t ask but it requires a John Inman gif) It cost 30 quid which is a bargain but I may have implied to my wife that it was a single CD.  

Never one to disappoint:

images (3).jpeg

• Like 1

For working from home:

1 Laptop stand, one monitor, one keyboard, one mouse, 1 office chair.

For herself (isolated elsewhere):

1 bottle of gin, fish tank filters, FireTV Stick, various toys and games for the little one

For me:

four bottles gin, one soup maker, one facemask, two picture frames, one yoga mat, a fez, surf photos from the 1960s book, David Lynch Art book, book on abstract Impressionism, atlas of north American Indian nations, three new pillows, a duvet set, two shirts, one pair of jeans, 2 t-shirts and a pair of shorts. 

I need to cut back.

Edited by choffer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Ooooooh what pedal?

Technically not a pedal, but an amp modeller/looper. Bought it off a mate for £25 (he only used it with batteries, which is why I bought the adapter). 

Screenshot_20200521_171257_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Technically not a pedal, but an amp modeller/looper. Bought it off a mate for £25 (he only used it with batteries, which is why I bought the adapter). 

Nice.  I need to install the tone studio software for my Boss Katana amp, meant to have load of tweakable modelling options.  My last gear treat to myself was these:

image.png.b162d30877e9b42f4e7530be6c483fc9.png

For a sub-£100 multi FX unit, that Zoom is bloody good.  Loads of passable emulations of boutique reverbs and delays like Strymons, Eventides etc. plus you can chain up to 5 effects (depending on the processing draw) so I've been using it to create some gorgeous pad sounds.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

For a sub-£100 multi FX unit, that Zoom is bloody good.  Loads of passable emulations of boutique reverbs and delays like Strymons, Eventides etc. plus you can chain up to 5 effects (depending on the processing draw) so I've been using it to create some gorgeous pad sounds.

I have a Zoom G1XN that I've had for years, but it's gathering dust now. I went back to separate pedals with a nice little mini pedal board from Gear4Music's own brand (SubZero). Currently stocked with tuner - compressor - distortion - chorus - delay.

Â