What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

My paprika, thyme and chipotle pulled pork went down well.

I think i'd leave it in the oven for an hour or two longer next time though, it came off the bone ok, Put there were some tough parts still..

any suggestions Meath?

I cooked it with an olive oil paste, uncovered for an hour at 140c, then uncovered it for another 4 hours at 140c.

so today in a particularly lazy moment I've discovered that Honey Nut Shredded Wheat dropped into a microwaved tin of Tomato Sauce is surprisingly delicious

tomorrows advanced cooking may involve Tangy Cheese Dorito's in oxtail Soup , but i also have some golden syrup crunchy cereal bars that may get the dip treatment instead

so today in a particularly lazy moment I've discovered that Honey Nut Shredded Wheat dropped into a microwaved tin of Tomato Sauce is surprisingly delicious

tomorrows advanced cooking may involve Tangy Cheese Dorito's in oxtail Soup , but i also have some golden syrup crunchy cereal bars that may get the dip treatment instead

3q57b6.jpg

• Like 1

You and legov should start an antenatal class

• 3 weeks later...

Let me guess. It's a halved doughnut with a nutella patty, a mango 'cheese slice', icing as mayo. Not sure what the green is. Something strawberry-related for the red onion.

Not even close.

It's just 2 normal sponges (one cooked in a pyrex dish to give the dome) and one chocolate for the patty.

Mayo is just vanilla frosting.

The tomato, cheese and lettuce are all rolled fondant icing (it's only round the edge, it doesn't go through the cake

And Ricicles for sesame seeds

That's only the trial run by the way (I guessed there was a fair chance I'd balls it all up!)

Real one is next week. I'll be adding some sponge french fries and some sort of ketchup. Haven't figured that bit out yet, I'm thinking some of the red fondant with hot water will mix into a ketchupy sort of mess, but we'll see.

Â