Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

yep, Novak will win it this year, he's got Murray's number ( for now, though AM is in great form and will beat him soon enough ) and he'll tonk either Tsonga or Wawrinka in the final

As much as I normally want Murray to win Djokovic-Warwinka matches in recent years have been complete epics so that would be a great final imo.

Or you could have Tsonga who I've always liked in his home slam final.

Murray can console himself by winning Wimbledon. Looking in a far better frame of mind than this time last year.

Nadal done, no? :)

I think Nadals style means it wont last as long as Federer. Watching the game today he must have run twice as far as Djokovic. I wouldn't write him off, he's come back before after 6 months out. I think Djokovic this year is playing at a different level to anybody else. Guess if Murray brings his a) game and Djokovic plays his B) game he has a chance. 

I think though that Djokovic has tried so hard to win the French and always come up against Nada and now Nadal has been eliminated he wont let this chance go without a massive fight. 

Edited by PaulC

Very high quality tennis I thought. Murray is getting closer but how cool was Djokovic in that final set. 

I thought the semi between Tsonga and Wawrinka was crap. Poor tennis in comparision. 

Good chance now for Djokovic to get the career slam. i think Murray can win Wimbledon

Edited by PaulC

I didn't see the match but read that Djokovic did more fake injury antics during the game ? The world number one should be above such tactics but clearly Murray needs to work on this side of his game as well and not get out done by mind games

Djokovic is just unbelievable.

Very good level from Murray these last 4 months if you look at his overall performance at Aussie Open aswell.

Bodes well for Wimbledon. He tends to havew Djokovic's number on grass let's not forget.

• Like 1

All I saw was him doing some stretching exercises. If it did effect Murray it effected him in a positive way as that was time he started playing well. Think too much is made of it. 

All I saw was him doing some stretching exercises. If it did effect Murray it effected him in a positive way as that was time he started playing well. Think too much is made of it.

was yesterday in the early stages of the second set I think , you could be right though it may have riled Murray enough to fight back in the third

Yes thats right after he broke Murrays serve. He had a couple of slips so maybe he felt something in his thigh or hip. It wasn't like the wobble in Australia, just a couple of stretches. There was the injury timeout at the end of the 3rd set but I didn't see that.

I thought it was strange that the organisers left so little time yesterday to finish both mens semis. Why start at 1 pm when you have until 9pm to finish both games. That leaves about 7 1/2 hours with the break between matches to finish both semi's. Its a joke!

Â