Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

An all Swiss final would be good. I think it was too much to expect Murray to win this tournament after the back op and not much match practice. Federer is really playing well! Nadal has stuggled his way through a iittle bit but he has the beating of Federer these days, but i'm hoping Federer can beat him. Wrawinka's big game was Djokovic and often these players don't turn up at the next round. Hope he does. If he plays like he did against Djokovic he can beat anybody but if he meets Nadal in the final he's never taken a set off him in his career.

Been brilliant to watch Roger in this tournament, just like the old days after a rocky last 18 months where it looked the end.

That said I honestly think he doesn't believe he can beat Nadal in best of 5 set matches anymore, hopefully he can make a decent game of it. Nadal in 4 I reckon. Hopefully Wawrinka can make a final as he's been tremendous this last year in terms of entertaining tennis.

Yes the only player that could threaten Nada was Djokovic. I think Wawrinka may win a set this time but thats it. He is a different player to what he was a couple of years ago so largely the stat of not ever taking a set off him is irrelovant but he's not going to beat him.

Final is over as a spectacle now, wawrinka is really playing some good stuff but he's never taken a set off rafa, doubt that will change in the final

Yes the only player that could threaten Nada was Djokovic. I think Wawrinka may win a set this time but thats it. He is a different player to what he was a couple of years ago so largely the stat of not ever taking a set off him is irrelovant but he's not going to beat him.

429052d1385756792-blasphemy-seven-clubs-

That's what makes sport great! :D

• Like 1

The reality is the way he plays means Nadal is always likely to pick up injuries although this one was completely unrelated to the usual knee injuries.

That's why a mug like John Lloyd in comms saying Nadal can easily dominate for the next 5-6 years is completely wrong, no chance in his 30s he'll be at this level. If Federer with a faultless fitness record can start decling as he reaches 30, so will Nadal imo.

Stan deserves this, for taking out Nole in the quarters and for some of the quality matches he's been involved with against the top 4 in the last few years.

I wasn't going to predict Rafa to loose after the Federer match but I really did think Wawrinka had a chance and he was a set and break up before the Nadal injury and I honestly think he would still have won it anyway.

• Like 1

Â