The Royal Family

Genie

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we expecting the body to make the train journey down the East coast mainline with people throwing flowers from bridges and so on?

I read about that, sounds odd.

Train companies will demand an adult fare

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we expecting the body to make the train journey down the East coast mainline with people throwing flowers from bridges and so on?

I read about that, sounds odd.

Seen that sort of thing before in America on the motorway, I'm sure they do it for soldiers, it's at the end of American sniper for example

That would actually be interesting to see in a morbid way but I'm sure they wouldn't want the chaos of closing the motorway to let the procession through

I take it they won't have her lie in state and let the public see her dead body or any of that nonsense again like a few yanks 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hey, it's the only soap I watch. They've got an Octogenarian who tried to kill herself and her son who's trying to rip the whole family off.

What else do you want  

Bring back Bet and Alec

Plus Rita luring Alan Bradley to his demise under a tram in Blackpool!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Someone on the telly earlier said its amazing that she's a woman in that position.

She's the Queen I thought, it's a requirement surely.

I guess that's what happens when they interview members of the public

I had to explain that to my German wife earlier, that she was only queen because the last king had 2 daughters, I also told her that realistically even my kids won't ever see another queen in their lifetime despite them changing the rules, she thought it went to camilla when Charles died, she really doesn't care about any of this 

Not actually sure what the percentage split is between Kings and Queens but do think it's the Queens who seem to have more legacy without being a royalist who cares about that kind of thing 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I had to explain that to my German wife earlier, that she was only queen because the last king had 2 daughters, I also told her that realistically even my kids won't ever see another queen in their lifetime despite them changing the rules, she thought it went to camilla when Charles died, she really doesn't care about any of this 

Not actually sure what the percentage split is between Kings and Queens but do think it's the Queens who seem to have more legacy without being a royalist who cares about that kind of thing 

Our big big big big boss emailed everyone this morning saying as a mark of respect there wont be any official internal or external communications today.

A colleague then messaged me asking if that means we can't talk to each other today. We all work from home. I did laugh

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Our big big big big boss emailed everyone this morning saying as a mark of respect there wont be any official internal or external communications today.

A colleague then messaged me asking if that means we can't talk to each other today. We all work from home. I did laugh

I tend to work on the basis that unofficially my boss thinks that every day 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rita luring Alan Bradley to his demise under a tram in Blackpool

That was the night our second daughter was born. My missus was a big Corrie fan at the time (she's kicked the habit now, thankfully), and despite waters broken and increasingly frequent contractions, she refused to leave for the hospital until the end of the episode (which was a double-length one hour special). I got her into the car at 8.30pm, teararsed to the hospital, baby was born at 8.50pm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That was the night our second daughter was born. My missus was a big Corrie fan at the time (she's kicked the habit now, thankfully), and despite waters broken and increasingly frequent contractions, she refused to leave for the hospital until the end of the episode (which was a double-length one hour special). I got her into the car at 8.30pm, teararsed to the hospital, baby was born at 8.50pm. 

Did you name her Rita?

• Haha 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Wrens Nest "The Wrenner"

Wast called Wrens Nest way before Sir Christopher Wren was born iirc

Abraham Darby was born on Wren's Nest Hill in 1670 something or other, Sir Christopher Wren was only just getting started rebuilding London by then. It's named after the bird

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I sort of agree, but social media behaviour is often looked at by employers now. We've had people sacked at our place for saying stuff on Twitter and FB, even when it isn't obvious who they work for or they haven't got any mention of their job on their profile. 

off topic but that seems harsh to me...i work for a big company (and i'll have to double check the social media policy on this) but i think you have pretty much carte blanche on social media as long as you cannot be traced back to the company in any way

Â