The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Ideology aside, they would be an absolute disaster for our youth.

What investor in his right mind would invest  in a country with such a left wing govt?

So, what do you suggest?

7 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Are you willing to sacrifice peoples futures to satisfy your presumed superior morality?

Nobody is being sacrificed by tory austerity though. Nothing to see here. Everything is grand.

If you assume (fairly) that most politicians are completely self serving and manifestos and pledges are largely lies that will be quickly ignored, you have to base your decision purely on what you experience.

So, if you work in education, the NHS, for the police, as a fire fighter or in practically any public sector role, if you work under a zero hours contract, you require disability benefits or were a woman born in the 50s, whether you're a former or current graduate or feel you need access to mental health services or end-of-life care and you'd STILL like more of what you have EXPERIENCED, then by all means - vote Conservative.

If, at this stage, practically any change is a gamble worth taking then just vote anyone else or spoil your ballot.

• Like 1

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Do you think there is a need for a govt to be financially responsible for future generations, or do you think it should be feast today famine tomorrow?

You think this government is financially responsible? Interesting. 

7 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Status quo.

What do you suggest?

Are you willing to sacrifice peoples futures to satisfy your presumed superior morality?

That’s a really weird answer.

The party i wanted to vote for isn’t actually standing in my constituency. So I have a choice of four, one is a fake candidate that retweets racist bile so i won’t be voting for him. One is a proven liar that recommended for office a man he knew to have deliberately wrecked a rape trial, I won’t be voting for him. So I have a choice of Labour or Green. To vote Labour would be to endorse their record in Wales which is, to be straight, piss poor. So right now, I’m torn between Labour and Green. My heart says Green but I’d hate myself if the tory got elected by a single vote.

I’m not sure I have presumed I have moral superiority, I think you might be projecting your own issues there.

So, I’d suggest another hung parliament might be about the best outcome.

I could do a whole thing on sacrificing people’s futures to a right wing liar bully and fraud who backs leaving the EU solely as a vehicle for personal advancement. But you might presume I was being morally superior.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Interesting how?...…...explain

I’m guessing he’s referring to Adding £800,000,000 to the national debt during austerity followed by finding the magic money tree 5 weeks before an election.

• Like 1

These economists need to **** right off as well.  Everyone knows Labour governments just ruin the economy!!"!u31763121!!

"The Labour party received a boost on Tuesday when 163 economists signed a public letter offering broad support for its proposals for higher public investment to kick start growth and raise productivity. The letter published in the Financial Times lamented Britain’s poor economic performance of the past decade"

(Link:  https://www.ft.com/content/d29b4cbe-0fa4-11ea-a225-db2f231cfeae)

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

See point proven.

Your abhorrence to tories is enlightening.

The tories might not be ideal, but the alternative is frightening

Point proven? Enlightening? I’m not sure you’ve revealed anything terribly new in my dislike of the tories. Fairly confident I’ve mentioned it before.

But I’m struggling with this one, do you want a tory majority government or the status quo? I’m reading it like you’ve given two different answers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Do you think there is a need for a govt to be financially responsible for future generations, or do you think it should be feast today famine tomorrow?

You do realise the Tories are worse fiscally when compared to Labour in power. The facts speak for themselves. You have believed the age old lie

• Like 1