Do you read?

Luke_W

Just finished reading the Hobbitt, have to say was pretty disappointed.. It hasn't got half the descriptive and detailed text as the lotr series has. Seems a lot more of a kids book as well.

That's exactly what it is. Makes more sense to read it before LotR.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything by Matthew Reilly, although I'd recommend the Jack West or Shane Schofield books first. Fast-paced, full of action and very very easy to read.

Obviously it's all a load of cobblers but for somebody, like me, who has the attention span of a carrot his books are excellent at getting the old imagination working.

I'm 3/4 of the way through 'the twelve' by Justin Cronin, going to try and get it finished in the early hours of tomorrow morning

then I have got a **** load of supposed ''paranormal non fiction'' to get through, I think I have got about 4 or 5 of them kind of books then another 2 fiction ones to read

pretty much all that I am doing lately is reading

I'm almost through "All The Pretty Horses" by Cormac McCarthy (first in The Border Trilogy)

Enjoyed it so far. and looking forward to the rest of the series. Would recommend it, although as always McCarthy's writing style is a little confusing at times.

It has a great start, and a great end, with some great moments that focus on the crew. However, Melville wanted to write something educational aswell as entertaining, and the tedious descriptions of whaling are incredibly dull. It shouldn't be, either, as it is an interesting subject, but it could've been handled better.

By the end of the novel you become a bit like Ahab, desperately wanting to see the bloody whale and get the thing over with.

I thought Moby Dick was great although long chapters about the physiology of whales were a little heavy going at times.

Two recent reads.

hiroshima-by-john-hersey-7033264300.jpg

This tells the stories of six survivors on the day and the following decades. A depressing read. Little was known about radiation sickness and people with no visible injuries were dropping dead. The bombs saved lives apparently if you look at the bigger picture.

them.jpg

This was hilarious. Similar to Louis Theroux's telly programmes. David Icke was targeted by some anti-defamation group as they thought his lizards were a metaphor for Jewish bankers. They finally realised that he actually means lizards. It's also got a chapter on that nutter Alex Jones.

• Like 1

I'm 3/4 of the way through 'the twelve' by Justin Cronin, going to try and get it finished in the early hours of tomorrow morning

then I have got a **** load of supposed ''paranormal non fiction'' to get through, I think I have got about 4 or 5 of them kind of books then another 2 fiction ones to read

Is it good? I'll have to wait untill May before the swedish edition is out. :(

Halfway through Stephen King's Under The Dome - so far it's brilliant and have heard rumours it's due to be made into a television mini-series - which I can envisage being excellent if done properly.

No rumoured about it buddy - its set to premiere on CBS on 24th July this year. 13 episodes. No news on who Big Jim or Barbie have been cast as yet, but there are a few confirmed castings already. It had a teaser trailer during the Superbowl.

Also, if you are a Constant Reader, as I am, you may be interested to hear they're turning the short story Gramma into a movie, starring the kid from The Walking Dead.

Oh, and would love to hear your thoughts on the end of UTD, especially the reveal of the cause of the dome.

Edited by hogso

YeAh it's really good but I would recommend giving yourself a little refresher on the passage before reading it, some of the characters took a while to get them back in my head if you get me.

It's pretty different to the first book but I haven't found that this one drags as much as the passage did, at times I struggled with that to be honest even though I thought it was brilliant lol

YeAh it's really good but I would recommend giving yourself a little refresher on the passage before reading it, some of the characters took a while to get them back in my head if you get me.

It's pretty different to the first book but I haven't found that this one drags as much as the passage did, at times I struggled with that to be honest even though I thought it was brilliant lol

It wasn't that long ago that I read it so I don't think it'll be a problem. :) It was a bit slow at times, but very good. Loved it.

Â