• Jota
    • Trézéguet
    • Davis
    • Grealish (McGinn 66)
    • Ramsey (Trézégue 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/09/19 at 22:59

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Not much interest in this competition judging by the lack of comments. Shame because it's been our only source of real glory since I was a young kid and we have been one of the most successful teams in it. 

I always refer to it as "our cup" especially when the bluenoses trot out their single victory and I hope we win it again soon. 

Staying up would be a bigger source of "glory".

• Like 1

A good result, it's nice to see that we can win an away game and hold onto a lead in this competition. I would imagine Wolves will not dare to send out the team they did last night at Villa Park. It is about time that we won this cup again, another visit to Wembley would be nice. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Staying up would be a bigger source of "glory".

No, no it really wouldn't. It would be brilliant, great for the club and a huge relief, probably a stepping stone to better things. But it wouldn't bring glory. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

No, no it really wouldn't. It would be brilliant, great for the club and a huge relief, probably a stepping stone to better things. But it wouldn't bring glory. 

Well said. I'd take that stepping stone to bigger things every time though. I think we have very, very capable owners.

Add to that we have Smith, who I back to play his role in restoring this club to European competition and as one of the better teams in the Premier League.

We have Grealish, McGinn (who is a man on a relentless mission to raise the standard), Mings, Heaton, Engels who all look like they will make the grade and be mainstays.

Then we have some promising players who are yet to prove themselves at this level, but only time will tell.

The beautiful thing about our team right now is that I don't doubt any players ambition, desire to prove themselves, commitment to the shirt or dedication to Smith.

Remember Lescott being more concerned with automobiles, twitter and jibes at the less financial instead of giving his best to football and the club allowing him that opportunity?

We've actually got the character required for building the foundations of a successful enterprise again.

On 25/09/2019 at 14:14, VillaCas said:

I just don’t see how this happens without a huge tactical restructure - Nakamba or Luiz will take the DM position and Grealish and McGinn obviously won’t be dropped

Worked for the first half today. Ironically he looked knackered by 60 mins.

Â