Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

Apparently the women are dreading Sunday's game against Man U. Not because we fear them it's because were live on the beeb. And those shirts getting drenched, well it could be awkward.

Got my tickets for the opener 😜

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Apparently the women are dreading Sunday's game against Man U. Not because we fear them it's because were live on the beeb. And those shirts getting drenched, well it could be awkward.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66932993

Reported on BBC sport. 

Our shirts are an utter joke. No idea how it hasn't been fixed by now. 

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66932993

Reported on BBC sport. 

Our shirts are an utter joke. No idea how it hasn't been fixed by now. 

I don’t know how it was allowed to happen in the first place tbh.

in an age of sports science and with all the emphasis in all sport where you try and achieve marginal gains through technology wherever possible for this to happen is a complete disgrace.

Castore have compromised the players performance and embarrassed the club. We should end the relationship immediately and lawyer up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colhint said:

Yep is a chance some of our players might even be targeted by the the pervy social media/clickbait pages online

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep is a chance some of our players might even be targeted by the the pervy social media/clickbait pages online

Already seen the beginning of that in a lot of the replies to the relevant articles. It's repulsive and depressing.

Was really looking forward to the start of the WSL on Sunday and now for all the wrong reasons, the spotlight will be on the Villa game.

I just hope they can think of a way around this issue before the weekend game. No player should feel uncomfortable and their dignity compromised.  

I very much doubt anyone from the club or the league will insist they wear this wet kit. The problem it poses is plain to see and any higher up who cites a rule stating they have to wear it because of whatever bullshit reason will likely be joining Rubiales down the job centre.

My hope is that the players already know that they won’t have to wear it, and as has been suggested this is the club leaking info to make Castore look bad.

Although I think the longer this rumbles on without us officially addressing it, we’ll also look bad.

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Already seen the beginning of that in a lot of the replies to the relevant articles. It's repulsive and depressing.

Listening to WM on the way in and the way they were talking about it was pretty depressing, just a very salacious tone.

For the friendly against Villarreal they wore the match day training top instead, now we know why, friendlies against Bristol City and Everton didn't go ahead for some reason, presumably that was nothing to do with the tops but strange they didn't happen as scheduled and those teams played other WSL teams on the same day and time they were originally mean to be playing us.

Looking at the state the mens team get into wearing the tops the women's team should be allowed to wear a training top as they did against Villarreal, or last season's top.

We've got a difficult enough start to the season as it is, first five games Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea, could have hardly picked a more difficult start, and with players being away on international duty hardly having any pre-season with us, a few injuries, and friendlies for whatever reason being cancelled I'm not sure we've had the best preperation, so this shirt business is the last thing we need and it's doubly worse for the women as will affect their performance just like with the men, but also have the image thing to worry about which in turn might also affect their performance.

Truth be told if they're not allowed to wear alternative tops and it gets to the point where they become see through as it does with the men then they will be well within in their rights to walk off, or even refuse to play to begin with, which I don't think will happen but club and the league need to come up with a solution.

• Like 1

Â