Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The Alexander stadium? How can Villa propose to do anything to an athletics stadium that is the home of Birchfield Harriers and UK Athletics?

Sounds a terrible idea to me. It's bad enough that there's apparently going to be some rugby played there next year. It's an athletics stadium, it's what it always was and what it should always be.

Sadly for the athletic side of it Birmingham city council will take whatever offers the highest income I would imagine 

Shame about her ACL injury, it's rapidly becoming a serious problem in women's football. Arsenal now have 4 players out with torn ACLs?

The fact she became captain here so quickly will say a lot about her mentality, though. Wish her the best.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We're being linked to Australian goalkeeper Teagan Micah, I've no idea how accurate that is but Emma Sanders has said that we're looking for a new keeper and she's usually right, but also says that we're in contract talks with Hampton.

So seems we want a new keeper whether a replacement for Hampton, or a new No.2.

Either way looks as though at least one of Hampton or Leat will be leaving.

She's apparently not played since December due to a head injury. Will be interesting to see what happens with Hampton/Leat though, given how they've both competed pretty well with each-other throughout the season. Hampton to extend and Leat to leave to be a regular starter elsewhere?

Obviously it's been mentioned plenty of times but what a signing Dali was, fantastic player. More signings of her quality this summer and we're going in a very good direction. 

• Like 4

Hopefully the ladies can get a positive result against Liverpool at home today. 14:00 kick off if interested. We’re already on 33 points and basically secured 5th place.

Rachel Daly currently on 20 goals, with Bunny Shaw at Man City currently on 18 goals. It would be the icing on the cake if Rachel won the golden boot.

Some continued investment and smart recruitment in the summer and we can start to try and break into the top four. Not easy but Man Utd have shown everyone that it’s possible, who have only been running for five years. 

19 hours ago, turvontour said:

Can you get tickets on.the gate tomorrow does anyone know?

The OS is still letting you buy tickets this AM in A3-4-5-6, currently around 200 left. 

With the new turnstiles QR readers you don't have to print off anymore, just scan your device with the etickets barcode 

• Like 1

Losing again, don't want to be too harsh but performance has been dreadful today, giving them so much time and space on the ball that it's embarrasing. If we play like this against Arsenal next week they will absolutely destroy us.

As for Kirsty Hanson I doubt that Man Utd will be prepared to let her go, seven goals and nine assists, nominated for player of the season, even if they were prepared to let her go chances are that other 'top four' clubs would be interested.

If can't sign her I'm not too worried though, as we knew it was a loan to begin with and our recruitment has been excellent the last four transfer windows, so I think we will find a good alternative if it comes to that.

Have been very impressed with Katie Robinson of Brighton, she might be a good opton, in fact would be a good option even if Hanson remained, but signing her might be just as difficult as keeping Hanson as will likely have all the top teams interested.

Congratulations to the team on finishing fifth, the very 'best of the rest', what a great achievement! What an improvement! Next step trying to finish even higher next season, it's possible, you never know, if one of the top four have a bit of a wobbly 23/24 by their own high standards...

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, robby b said:

Congratulations to the team on finishing fifth, the very 'best of the rest', what a great achievement. Next step trying to finish even higher next season, it's possible...

Yeah shocking the teams who are above us ennit?

• Like 1

Â