Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Gives the ball away the least of all our midfielders and if he was to give the ball away the most why would you want him playing closer to our own goal? Makes no sense at all.

He doesn’t give the ball away as much closer to our box, he does give the ball away more closer to theirs. Understand?

33 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Neither the player or the club are doing anything to suggest that there are no legs to this persistent rumour. I feel Douglas may well have been tapped up by Roma and he's perhaps not adverse to moving to them. This would therefore seem likely to happen in the summer and is pretty much a "done deal" as they say. If so, we need to get a decent fee and insert a sell on clause (I wonder if Citeh would somehow be due a cut on any transfer?). It would be a pity to see him go, because I think he can be an even better player than he has looked for us in the future. 

• Like 1

Roma were reported to be after him a year ago, if I remember correctly he was too expensive for them. Makes sense for them to try again now, with only one year left he will be much cheaper. I guess around 20m.

My guess is he’ll enjoy Italy and do well in that league.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Roma were reported to be after him a year ago, if I remember correctly he was too expensive for them. Makes sense for them to try again now, with only one year left he will be much cheaper. I guess around 20m.

My guess is he’ll enjoy Italy and do well in that league.

His style of play will suit Italy quite well.

He's blatantly off.

He, for me, is out best midfielder, our most cultured calm and technical midfielder but against Spurs when they got 2 or 3 they were absolutely walking through us.

Luiz was pretty much just strolling about , passing the ball in the most blase of fashion and then whistle blew down the tunnel.  Didn't even look arsed. Looked affected but completely checked out.

I think that game was the one that has probably made him decide not to renew.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's blatantly off.

He, for me, is out best midfielder, our most cultured calm and technical midfielder but against Spurs when they got 2 or 3 they were absolutely walking through us.

Luiz was pretty much just strolling about , passing the ball in the most blase of fashion and then whistle blew down the tunnel.  Didn't even look arsed. Looked affected but completely checked out.

I think that game was the one that has probably made him decide not to renew.

Definitely gone.  Better to sell now and reinvest rather than lose for free next summer.

Yeah. Coutinho doesn't press and the full backs are very attacking with the two 8's expected to cover out wide for them meaning there is oceans of space in the middle and plenty of time for the opponents to find it.

The whole tactic is flawed and it's obvious to any team that scouts us. We have some good players and sometimes it works, but it's flawed. And it's not like it's the only issue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah. Coutinho doesn't press and the full backs are very attacking with the two 8's expected to cover out wide for them meaning there is oceans of space in the middle and plenty of time for the opponents to find it.

The whole tactic is flawed and it's obvious to any team that scouts us. We have some good players and sometimes it works, but it's flawed. And it's not like it's the only issue.

How does Liverpool do it then? They play with a midfield 3 with 2 covering their very attacking full backs?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How does Liverpool do it then? They play with a midfield 3 with 2 covering their very attacking full backs?

How often do they give the ball away compared to us? That's probably the obvious first point to answer that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well to begin with their front 3 press much higher and better so the opponents gets less time on the ball. The main thing thou as I'm sure you know is that all of their players are much, much, much, much better than ours.

Gerrard is not managing Liverpool yet, nor is he in Scotland with one of the two good teams in the league.

The tactic is flawed unless you are one of the best teams in your competition. 

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There midfield 2 out of the 3 are better equipped defensively.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Well to begin with their front 3 press much higher and better so the opponents gets less time on the ball. The main thing thou as I'm sure you know is that all of their players are much, much, much, much better than ours.

Gerrard is not managing Liverpool yet, nor is he in Scotland with one of the two good teams in the league.

The tactic is flawed unless you are one of the best teams in your competition. 

tactics work much better, with good players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

So it’s not the system that’s flawed but the players in it?

It's a question of whether he is trying to play a system in a league where he doesn't have the best players, therefore the system flaws are easily exposed by better teams and players

• Like 1

Luiz is a tidy player, but nothing more. Like McGinn he’s part of the midfield problem. 

The Italian league would suit him better. 

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So it’s not the system that’s flawed but the players in it?

Its rarely just one thing...

If you have holes in your squad, like we have, and subsequently confidence drains....tactics and systems come in to question......and then eventually everything is wrong.

I think the players and the blending of them( if you have the right types to blend) is central to any football team.

E.G A conductor in an orchestra, can't make a violinist play better, during a concert.

Â