U21 European Championship

mikeyp102

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone watching this England game? Palace want £60m for this right back? :lol:

This is the only time i've really paid attention to him and he looks no where near that level.

I agree, my mate has been saying how great Wan Bissaka has been all season, but he didn’t really shine. 

What a goal by Foden. Shame we couldn’t hold on at 10 men though.

England were unlucky I though, had decent control of the game 11 v 11 and then once down to 10 it became the inevitable backs to the wall job.

Have to say I really like the options in Midfield this tournament. Up until his ridiculous tackle Choudhury was playing well as the DM and Foden was excellent at the deep lying playmaker which is a problem position for the senior side. Weakest of the three was Maddison.

Mental selections upfront though. Demerai Gray has never kicked on at Leicester and lacks so much end product. Starting Solanke over Tammy is ridiculous aswell.:lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Boothroyd is a hoofball league 2 merchant. How the **** this word removed is in charge of the future of the nation is utterly beyond me.

according to Wikipedia his last position as club manager was bottom of League 2

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Boothroyd is a hoofball league 2 merchant. How the **** this word removed is in charge of the future of the nation is utterly beyond me.

Apparently was best man at Dan Ashworth's wedding. He was FA technical director at time of appointment.

Leaving Tammy, Wan Bisaaka and Foden on the bench for must win game is beyond moronic. I do think there are some talented players in this under 21 bunch (maybe not so much at the back) but again another tournament where team selection and tactics leaves much to be desired.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

according to Wikipedia his last position as club manager was bottom of League 2

Guess it doesn’t necessarily follow that being a success as a club manager makes you the best international manager. Southgate was a failure, but he should have done better with the talent he had st his disposal 

Boothroyd's response is a mixture of arrogance and delusion. 

"In my opinion, and in a lot of other people's opinion who probably know the game, we are on the right track in terms of the way we play the game.

"All we have got to do now is iron out these discipline situations, and also make sure we take our chances. Simple as that really."

Asked about his future, Boothroyd said: "I am surprised by the question.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48726028

feels like how we were under pearce to me, dinosaur football and an arrogant prick in denial at the top of it all, we'll qualify for the tournaments, maybe even do ok in some of them but at the same time the senior team will whip out anyone who's anywhere near decent rather than leave them in there, foden wont get 10 U21 caps

• Like 1

Â