U21 European Championship

mikeyp102

Really like the look of the England squad. We've got some players in there who could be with the first team but it seems the U21s are in it to win it, we've definitely got as good a shot as Spain or Italy. Nice to have strength in depth at last, is this a result of At George's Park and the reaction to the 2010 World Cup?   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Romania could be dark horses, have an interesting generation coming through

Hagi’s son is playing for them. If he’s half the player his dad was they’ll have a good player there.

BBC have really annoyed me about this. No match reports, no updates and you have to search for even the results. 

I get they are trying to promote women’s sport, but a small reports on the U21s wouldn’t go amiss 

Italy-Spain on now. Italy have front 3 of Zaniolo-Moise Kean-Chiesa. That wouldn't look out of place for the full NT! Also got likes of Barella and Tonali in midfield who've been linked to big moves.

Spain got lots of La Liga experience as ever in their team, Oryazabal for Real Sociedad is a superb player in La Liga who'll be playing at an elite club very soon imo. Ceballos at Real Madrid scored a good goal aswell. Pablo Fornals only on the bench for this.

Yeah with England it will finally be good to see a potentially very creative midfield. Phil Foden, James Maddison, Mason Mount and Harvey Barnes all in the squad so intrigued to how it's set up. Shame Grealish is a year too old for this.

• Like 1

The FM player in me thinks that Italian team is loaded! 

Usual for me trying to see them in real life, kean for Italy, Vallejo for Spain, zivkovic for Serbia, aouar for france

Ze Germans looks like a quiet squad by their standards so I fully expect them to win it

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

BBC have really annoyed me about this. No match reports, no updates and you have to search for even the results. 

I get they are trying to promote women’s sport, but a small reports on the U21s wouldn’t go amiss 

Sexist! Misogynist!

• Haha 1

The Italian pressing has been nothing short of incredible. 

Their squad is a little light at the back, but their midfield and forward options are outstanding. Pellegrini and Chiesa have been superb tonight. 

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hagi’s son is playing for them. If he’s half the player his dad was they’ll have a good player there.

He and a few others have come from the Hagi academy club Viitoril, they won the league few seasons back in Romania mainly using youngsters

• Like 1

It's just nice to see a finals competition with 12 teams in it.  No filler.  No **** about.  Just the best teams from the start and every match competitive.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I might be wrong but I think this years competition is expanded? was 8 teams last time, the qualifiers were a right bastard

Anything from 16 downwards is fine by me.  When you start getting into the 24s you're just padding it out for advertising revenue.  I think the U21 championships benefit from not being a big TV draw, and can retain a sporting purity long lost in the big finals'.

Â