Europa League Final 2019

coda

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Another inspirational display from mesut osil tonight. Arsenal legend giving his all for the team once again. 

3 assists all season in all competitions. His 2 strikers have nearly 50 goals between them all season so cant blame missed chances

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

3 assists all season in all competitions. His 2 strikers have nearly 50 goals between them all season so cant blame missed chances

Give him credit he went all the way to Baku to play an away game considering he religiously misses like of Burnley and Stoke (when they were up) away every season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Shame they both couldn't lose. But I guess the more arrogant team lost so that's a plus.

Eden Hazard strikes me as a bad egg regardless of how good a player he is. 

Disagree, of the big name players around I see Hazard as one of the more likeable. Dedicated, highly skilled and very rarely causes any bother on the pitch with lack of discipline. You'd rather have him in the dressing room when you hit a rough patch than Pogba.

He's been at Chelsea 7 years which is a long stretch in modern football and could've left a year or so ago. He wants to win Balon D'Or and you simply can't do that just by being dominant in the europa league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Shame they both couldn't lose. But I guess the more arrogant team lost so that's a plus.

Eden Hazard strikes me as a bad egg regardless of how good a player he is. 

I think he just looks a moody bastard so you would think he is a clearing in the woods. A lot worse about like Pogba for me

Quite honest too

• Like 1

Cheers both. Happy to be wrong. Like I say I havent really been paying much attention to the Premier League for a while.

I am surprised how much every one is upset about Pogba though. I had assumed it was just the usual ManU biased media blaming one player for that horrible clubs woes (long may their decline continue). Guess I was wrong about that as well.

I'm not really a Pogba hater tbh, thought he had a cracking WC and was immense for Man. United in that winning run. However when the chips are down and team needs some inspiration I'd rather have Hazard in the final third than Pogba and certainly Mesut Ozil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not really a Pogba hater tbh, thought he had a cracking WC and was immense for Man. United in that winning run. However when the chips are down and team needs some inspiration I'd rather have Hazard in the final third than Pogba and certainly Mesut Ozil.

Wasn’t immense really, he stopped being shit and looked alright for a while. Then went back to being shit. He also looks like a total bellend too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

BT Sport reminding me that Robbie Savage is an awful commentator. 

He is so **** thick.

Takes great pride in pointing out "clever fouls" to show his experience of how to pick up yellow cards, and calls almost everything else completely wrong. Absolute nobhead.

One thing I did notice was that the quality on display, even in a relatively poor game, was much much higher than in the play-off final.

Even our best players would only be on the fringes of these sides. Perhaps Mings can come in for Monreal at LCB. Maybe Tuanzebe in for Sokratis.

I don't really see where Grealish and McGinn slot in (maybe for Xhaka?), although both would be useful off the bench.

These teams finished 3rd and 5th in the PL. Positions that we used to have a realistic shot at most seasons. So this is the scale of the challenge ahead of us if we want to be a top, top team.

Can see Arsenal finishing 7th or 8th next season. They still have this aura at the Emirates but could easily lose that.

Their squad is easily the poorest of all top 6 clubs. Leicester and Everton both finished the season strongly so good starts for both and can see them challenging for top 6.

We just need to have a comfortable mid table season and built up from there.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can see Arsenal finishing 7th or 8th next season. They still have this aura at the Emirates but could easily lose that.

Their squad is easily the poorest of all top 6 clubs. Leicester and Everton both finished the season strongly so good starts for both and can see them challenging for top 6.

Add Wolves to that Leicester + Everton chasing group. I'd be happy if we managed to join that chasing group in the next couple of years, and then tried to kick on from there.

I still see Arsenal as a step up from those clubs, because they have stronger fundamentals (squad depth, history, fanbase, youth system, cashflow). But yes, they have a lot of problems. I imagine they'll spend quite big this summer.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Do they? We should have won that first game at the Emirates and you could say set the tone that it's like alot of modern stadiums in lacking soul.

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Add Wolves to that Leicester + Everton chasing group. I'd be happy if we managed to join that chasing group in the next couple of years, and then tried to kick on from there.

I still see Arsenal as a step up from those clubs, because they have stronger fundamentals (squad depth, history, fanbase, youth system, cashflow). But yes, they have a lot of problems. I imagine they'll spend quite big this summer.

Wolves have the ambition certainly but they didn't have the biggest squad last year (something Nuno prefers) so think with them starting europa in July that will inevitably knock them down a few places.

They will be threat in next few seasons for sure.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Do they? We should have won that first game at the Emirates and you could say set the tone that it's like alot of modern stadiums in lacking soul.

They won 14 out of 19 league games at home last year, only lost two. Given how bad their away form has been last few seasons it's how they stay in touch with top 4.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can see Arsenal finishing 7th or 8th next season.

Nah, Emery will get some money this summer to get more players that he likes in and they'll probably just do a repeat of this season, 5th/6th in the league and europa cup run.

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Watch it on your phone from the other side of the room.

It's just like being there.

Tbh I think the people who decided to stay in England were probably about the same distance from the pitch as the people inside the stadium. 

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Nah, Emery will get some money this summer to get more players that he likes in and they'll probably just do a repeat of this season, 5th/6th in the league and europa cup run.

Transfer budget is apparently 40m so hardly anything in the modern game.

Â